Posts by tasteebakes

"This bride has bigger problems to deal with considering her fiance was thrown in jail for drunk driving the night before their wedding. I'm thinking that the cake is the least of her worries right now." ahahahaha.....I'm still laughing.
Yes, still in New Zealand, still at this bakery!!!LOLI have worked there 6 months now, The last 2 months I have been working only 16 -20 hours a week and doing a few cakes from home. I have mostly just been cross training and evaluating the situation. I am trying to appreciate that, of course, there will be major differences from country to country and identify those. Let me remind you, that the whole situation is just WEIRD. I am writing an email to the owner, who hired...
I think the fork was placed beside it to indicate the size of the cake.I never show anyone pictures of someone elses cake BUT I do tell them they are welcome to look online (or elsewhere, is there an elsewhere?) and send me the pictures and a I will design a cake similar to it. I explain to them that no two decorator's cakes will ever look exactly alike (and that that is a good thing)That said, the two cakes are similar, yet completely different! I do believe if you had...
PaoloWhen we went to Hollywood we drove near the sign, pinted at a nearby by house and told them it was Miley Cyrus's. I know...were horrible.They have told all there NZ friends thay have been to Hannah Montana's house!They get asked about the Jonas Brothers more than anything!
Here is a photo of the handsink with the canola oil bucket. This is an improvement. Last week it was down on the floor to the side and under the sink.Went in on Thursday after not working for 2 days and there was no hand soap or papertowels. Of course I filled them...
Thanks Tw1inkle. Most people I have met here have been very nice.The bakery has an A rating but the last time they were rated was November 08. I was told with the "health dept" (not sure of the actual name here) shows up, there is a mad scramble to get things up to code. Every place I have ever worked in the US (including my own shop) in-house checks are so strict that the health dept is a walk in the park.I brought the dry cakes and everything else to the owners attention...
Here is the RKT I managed to make with the marshmAllows. Same texture, different taste. If I try again I will seperate the pink ones out, they are affecting the whole flavor. Those are white chocolate chips on top.Makes great RKT sculpture stuff though and that's what I was after!
US Marshmellows (not marshmallows) are softer, lighter and fluffier.
Well, I'm going to try something. I was thinking water or crisco too. I just didn't know if there was a fool proof trick! I'm having all kinds of cake problems today....I think my spirits are low and it's affecting my work?
front