Posts by cupcakeenvy

Competitions are a lot of fun and if you feel the itch to enter......do it!As a past judge for a cake show competition (I didn't judge cakes, just cupcakes) I have one really hint that makes a huge difference.Make your cake original. The judges have seen a lot of cakes out there and know a lot of designs that have already been done. When I judged, I gave more credit to an original creation, flaws in all, than to a replicated design executed perfectly.Some may disagree...
I have to say that this magazine is stunning. The cake designers are so talented and their cakes are nothing short of amazing. Such a beautiful issue. Great job!
So sorry to hear about your cake issue. After a similar incident early on in my business, I made it a point to include a print out about how to care for your cake which also includes that the customer takes full responsibility of their order upon possession. VERY important. Hope this helps. Don't stress over it though, you did a great job on the cake, girl!
I also have Lupus and I find that keeping busy is the best remedy. I'll take Advil for inflammation and go on with the day. Some days easier than others as each case of Lupus has different issues. My biggest challenge is circulation in my legs. If I stand too long, all the vessels break from knee to ankle. Painful day to follow but getting up and moving is the best thing.I always felt that having Lupus has made me a much hard working person as I don't like limitations...
I just recieved my CC Magazine and would like to thank Jackie for displaying my work in such a beautiful manner. The magazine looks great and I wish you much success!
If it's any consolation, every cake designer out there struggles with certain techniques. Sometimes, I've created a cakelet design that even my 10 year old son couldn't figure out what it was supposed to be (no joke) That's when I take an egg and hurl it at a tree in my backyard and start over.Scrolls are difficult, I agree with the gal above me to practice on paper.Dots- You'll be surprised how easy they are once you figure out the plan of action. To keep them even and...
Cupcake Envy here-Maybe I can in giving some insight about the spheres. We create a lot of sphere shaped cakelet designs and they are cake not cakeballs if that helps.We are selling a how-to step by step DVD for sphere shaped cakelets on our website www.cupcakeenvy.com. They are a hell of a lot easier to create than you think. I didn't mean this to be an advertisement.The DVD takes you through pans, baking, covering, and decorating. We create a 3d sphere Christmas...
Her rose is brilliant!