Posts by sarahnichole975

I took the pictures...so if that is the case, then they are mine. I also have a few that were given to me by photographers at the weddings. The rest of the issues I only brought up to show that I am not just some ungrateful employee who wants to go out on her own and wants to use my employers pictures. The bottom line is that if I had been treated with respect like a good employee and partner deserves, I would have stayed with them forever. Honestly, I just want to get...
Well in the state of Louisiana salaried employees are supposed to be compensated for overtime. A friend of mine had it happen to her family's business. The employee filed a grievance with the labor board, had no proof, and they were forced to immediately cut him a check. In my resignation letter I have asked to be compensated for my overtime. There was actually a big to do a couple of years back about overtime violations here in Louisiana. There were so many companies not...
There is nothing about noncompete or waiver of ownership rights...as a matter of fact...the only contract I have is the one that shows my obtaining ownership. There is no contingency on any continued employment. It just states that there were a transfers of ownership interests and the dates that they occur.These were easily the most horrific people ever to work for. I have seen them back stab and screw every employee in my time there.Who opens a bakery with very little...
Ah...very good advice, I will definitely do that! As far as the continued relationship...I have no desire for one.
Okay...I should say I had an ownership interest in the bakery (and still technically do and am just working out the buyout). Does that make a difference?
I recently left the bakery I was working for to go out on my own in a kitchen I am renting space from. During the time I was there I allowed my pictures that I did before working with them to be used in their portfolio. I have now asked them to be taken out, which they have agreed to do. Now however they are telling me that I cannot use the pictures of the cakes I did while I worked there in my business portfolio. I understand that they can use them (even though they...
Well Wilton (yes I know it's nasty) holds the most amazing colors...or at least for me it does. I've had trouble with all of the other fondants, but this is the worse. I would even love a suggestion to a fondant that holds color better.I've attached a picture of my cake that started out such a lovely shade of deep royal purple and eventually turned navy blue!!! I had a pillow that did the same. With the pillow I was lucky enough that it had pink accents, so after 3...
I was wondering if anyone uses deco roma fondant and if so, have you had trouble with it holding color? Most of all purple. Mine faded to a lovely shade of navy blue on a cake today. Any suggestions?
If you do double layer 12x18's they feed 100. Also, you could do two layer 14" squares which feed 98.
I love raspberry or strawberry with almond cake. I do both flavored smbc's. Just add strawberry or raspberry paste to it, or you can also use a preserve or filling if you don't have the paste. SMBC flavors nicely with almost anything.