Posts by fragglerock1

Is that taller then the average size cake?
If you take a look at this video, you will see what I'm talking about. The first cake they discuss is what I had in mind.http://gordongossip.blogspot.com/2010/02/candy-shop-birthday-cake.html
I was planning on sticking them in at an angle so that it has more of a whimisical look. I see it in pictures all the time, I'm just not sure if they are just sticking them straight into the cake or not.
I'm making a cake for my daughter's birthday that will have a candy shop theme. It will just be a regular 9" round cake filled and frosted. I plan to decorate it will candy including several big whirly lollipops and twisty pops in the center. My question is, if I just stick the lollipops (they have wooden sticks) into the cake will the cake hold up or will the lollipops weigh it down and destroy the cake? It will be a strawberry cake with a whipped filling, which is my...
I kind of confused as to what to pipe first do I do the face first and then background or vice versa? Any other tips that will gaurantee first time success?
Forgive my ignorance but what is a FBCT?
My kids dual birthday party is this Saturday and I decided on a Cat in the Hat theme. I'd like to make two CCC one would be Thing 1 and the other, of course, Thing 2. Here is my problem, I've only made one other CCC and while that one turned out okay, I'd like these to look really great. How do I transfer the image onto the cake? Freehand is not going to work for me because I can't draw to save my life! Also, one CCC is going to be Vanilla the other Chocolate, I'd like...
I have a yellow cake mix (used butterscotch for the recipe) a box of chocolate instant pudding and enough of everything else to double the recipe. These are for a tasting and they didn't specifcally ask for butterscotch, so I guess I could just make up something new. Chocolate butterscotch cupcakes don't sound too bad, does it?
I have a yellow cake mix (used butterscotch for the recipe) a box of chocolate instant pudding and enough of everything else to double the recipe. These are for a tasting and they didn't specifcally ask for butterscotch, so I guess I could just make up something new. Chocolate butterscotch cupcakes don't sound too bad, does it?
I'm making butterscotch cupcakes and I put in a cup of vegetabel oil instead of half a cup, how do I salvage the batter? Please tell me this is fixable, I don't have the ingredients to start over.