Posts by tamivo

I just did two carrot/cream cheese cakes for 2 different churches and made them like hay bales... One is in my gallery, I dont have the other one up yet. Hands were really tired from piping hay but it was much easier than trying to decorate with cream cheese icing!
I have been asked to make a bow tutorial a gazillion times and finally found the time to do it. I have posted the instructions for the way that I do it at http://www.flickr.com/photos/atasteofwhimsy/sets/72157607125652797/
a big amen from here Mac... wish I had read your thread before I buried myself... however I didnt ask for advise about pricing unfortunately (and probably wouldnt have taken it if I had) and have completely burned out because I priced way too low and just became overwhelmed with the volume to the point of quitting.Let me tell you from experience folks, DO NOT UNDERPRICE yourself just because you feel you lack experience etc... Pay yourself for your time and all your...
wow you guys are so supportive and encouraging... I didnt expect this! Noone in my immediate family has really supported me at all throughout this wild year.... I didnt even know I could make a cake a year ago and then it seemed that as my hobby sort of became my obsession and the craziness began, I upset the dynamics of my family to the point of noone being very happy about it or with me. My mail order company is a family business and it really upset the apple cart for...
I started out very very cheap because I really didnt even know what I was doing and as I learned more skills and became more confident and began slowly raising my prices, but with each price increase I felt more and more pressure to perform and my wonderful fulfilling hobby became a real source of stress in my life, not only the volume but the expectations... I suppose I will never be confident enough in my abilities to be able to charge what others do because I read these...
Well I have barely gotten started and it is time to quit. I just cannot handle the pressure of so many cakes every week. I cannot say no.. I have tried to limit the volume and I always seem to end up buried in cakes again on a weekly basis, so I am going to finish out August bookings and put my pans away.I don't know how so many of you do it for years.... I really respect your ability to set limits.. I just don't seem to have that character trait. I have learned so so...
Does the Cuisinart have a paddle like the KA?
I am wanting to upgrade my Kitchenaid mixer.. I have a 5 quart artisian and want to go up a level but really want something larger than the kitchenaid 6 quart.... Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
heehee I laugh just thinking about that picture I probably wouldnt "straddle the baby" lololol ... I thought about even putting the baby on the bottle laying down with his butt up in the air
you could put the bottle on top and have the baby sitting on it