Posts by staceyboots

Hi everyoneDoes anyone have the instructions on how to make a carved sneaker/running shoe cake?I have asked to make one for my boss' birthday (he is a running fanatic) and I am absoultely clueless as to how to start.Please help!! Step-by-step photos and/or templates will be greatly appreciated.Stacey
save
I don't have the recipe to hand right now but I have converted my basic vanilla cake recipe to chocolate cake (with additional adjustments).As far as I can remember, I replaced some of the allpurpose flour with unsweetened cocoa powder. However, the cocoa powder used in my recipe is dissolved in some hot water before adding it to the batter.Stacey
Typically, I would spread some piping gel onto the cakeboard and then cover the board with the fondant (piping gel helps the fondant to stick to the board).Don't forget that when you place your cake in the center of the board, it should be sitting on its own cakeboard so the cake doesn't actually touch the fondant.HTHStacey
i am glad that someone started this thread...i am interested in purchasing one too.Stacey
i am glad that someone started this thread...i am interested in purchasing one too.Stacey
how about adding a "pond" with some fondant rocks in front of the animals? it would help with the blank space.Stacey
I know exactly how you feel!My Agbay is the most valuable piece of equipment in my baking arsenal. I love it!Stacey
Jen,Did you get the PM? Let me know.Stacey
Someone in another post was asking about Dominican cake with Suspiro icing. Apparently, Suspiro icing is the same as Meringue Icing.Check out Toba Garrett's "The Well Deocrated Cake" if you have it. If not, I can send it to you.