Posts by staceyboots

i'll upload a picture of the cake on Monday.
unfortunately, I don't have the photo with me and I can't find one online.
unfortunately, I don't have the photo with me and I can't find one online.
Hi CC'ersI want to do 3-tier cake that has some piped royal icing bands attached to the sides of the cake. I got the idea from the Wilton Wedding Cake book and the bands were piped over the Wilton flower fomers using a 2D decorating tip.According to the instructions in the book, you are supposed to push the RI bands in the sides of the cake that is covered with buttercream. It is a gorgeous cake but I am wondering if the bands will stay put and wouldn't fall off since...
thanks everyone! i'll go ahead and order the clay gun from the website today!
hi everyonei was searching the internet for a clay extruder and was wondering if anyone owns a scott creek clay extruder (it has an 8" barrel)? does anyone use it for making fondant ropes, etc.? i have a small sugarcraft gun and it is absolutely no use. the barrel is too small and therefore takes forever to make the ropes.here is the link for the extruder:http://www.bigceramicstore.com/supplies/ClayGuns.htmStacey
Erin,Thanks for your response!I think that I will have to do a practice cake and use an all-shortening buttercream....will definitely post photos when I am done.Stacey
bump
HiI was just watching a youtube video where the lady stencil a rolled piece of fondant with a damask stencil using luster dust.Is it just as easy to stencil a buttercream cake with luster dust? Does it show up as brightly as the one shown in the video?...she rubbed her fondant with shortening before stencilling.Thanks for the help!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH6YEUu6YAIStacey
Hi CC'ersI discovered the technique of applying ganache under fondant this weekend and I heard that the full instructions can be found in the cake decorating book by Planet Cake.Does anyone have a copy of this book, or at least have detailed instructions on how to accomplish this technique? I'll really appreciate it.I tried searching for it online but was unable to find a copy.Many thxStacey