Posts by staceyboots

Hi Lynne3   No, I didn't let the gumpaste dry......oops!!   The image isn't fading or blurring, just a bit sticky to the touch.   In the case of the fondant, there is no drying required so I should just apply directly to the surface of the cake, right?   Stacey
Hi   I have a cake to deliver on Sunday and I am decorating it with some $100 dollar bills printed onto icing sheets and then stuck on thin gumpaste rectangles.  So I printed the sheets, brushed some gum glue onto the gumpaste and then stuck the icing sheets onto the gumpaste and left them to dry overnight.   Now I woke up this morning and the surface of the icing sheets is quite tacky/sticky.  Does anyone know the reason for this?  Should I have put them in the...
Hello   I was researching some lemon and orange cake recipes online and I realised that most of the scratch recipes used a combination of baking power and baking soda.   I did some additional research and basically found out that the baking soda neutralises the acidic ingredients but I am still clueless as to why the baking soda is needed to "neutralise the acid".  If I don't add the baking soda to the recipe, what would happen to the cake?  Would it go...
Hello CC'ers   A client wants me to make a cake in the shape of a BlackBerry phone for her.  I have a 9" x 13" sheet  cake so getting the shape right wouldn't be a problem and the details on the actual phone is quite simple.   However, I do need some help on the easiest way to do the keypad buttons on the cake.  My idea is, instead of attaching small bits of fondant to resemble the buttons on the front of the cake, I would just use one of those Wilton gumpaste...
Hello   I saw this photo of some gumpaste stilettos on Whimsical Cakehouse's Facebook page and they are fantastic!!!!!   I have never made a gumpaste shoe before and there aren't any gumpaste shoe tutorials in this style on CC so I am having some trouble figuring out where to start.   Has anyone ever made this style our of gumpaste before?  Are there molds that I can but for the heel?  Any templates available?   I am just drooling over these shoes and...
Patchwork Cutters also has a really cool "playing cards" set   http://www.globalsugarart.com/cards-patchwork-cutter-set-p-23873.html
I found them:   http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=24929&name=Card%20Suit%20Cutters%20by%20GSA   It doesn't include the diamond shape but it would definitely work.
Good morning   Does anyone know where I can find mini "spade/heart/diamond/ace" cutters online?   I tried GSA but couldn't anything (only the heart plungers).   My son's school will be hosting a party based on the "Alice in Wonderland" book and I want to make some sugar cookies that look like the Guardsmen.   Thanks a million.   Stacey
Hi   Just want ed to let you know that I purchased the Makins clay extruder from amazon.com and used it for the first time yesterday.   It was such a breeze to use and I am happy with the purchase!!   Thanks again   Stacey
thanks guys, i'll go with the Makins clay extruder