Posts by jwong9664

awww thanks alexandrabill, that's very sweet!
i did a stack of books with a mask and graduation cap, it's in my pics...for the mask i just bought a cheap plastic mask from micheal's, dusted it w/ ps and covered it w/ gumpaste. good luck!
i normally just put some double stick tape on the bottom of a rectangular cake board and load them into the boxes, that way they don't tip but i can still get my fingers around them to take them out, without risking damaging the icing
i just googled it to see if i could find anything bigger, and didn't... BUT found that this is a really good deal. all of the others were priced at $56-$80!
i just googled it to see if i could find anything bigger, and didn't... BUT found that this is a really good deal. all of the others were priced at $56-$80!
it just has a sweet, sugary flavor and a super sticky consistency. i use it as water all the time. hths!
not sure if this is why, but sometimes if fondant gets 'dewey' it tends to be a bit sticky and gooey. like if you cover a cake that isn't completely thawed and the fondant gets too cold and has to readjust to the air temp. hth!
i love that this thread was restarted. on that note, i'm not sure if everyone does this, but it makes it so much easier to search pics if you tag your photos w/ lots of description. does that make sense lol? i have searched so many times for inspiration, not able to find something- and then come across something perfect after the fact b/c my search words didn't match those of the creator. cc is just such a fantastic tool and everyone is so talented, that it may help others...
i tried the magic shell over cake balls and it completely did NOT work. it stayed wet and even began melting. quite a mess, i presume it hardens b/c of the cold of the ice cream it's meant for. i would try reg. melting chocolate, you know the kind that you would use to cover strawberries. hth!
good idea leily, i'll try that out too! tks