Posts by cakesbyamym

I am the SAME way! I'm my worst critic, and worry over the cake's taste, the decorations, did I get as close as possible matching colors, and on and on. Each time that I head out the door to a delivery, I think of what I'd do if I fell down the steps and onto the cake. I worry over going around curves, over railroad tracks, somebody riding my bumper, and possibly rearending me...with the cake in the back! Argh! Funny, I always get the compliments (so far!), and get...
Thanks to each of you for the tips. I appreciate the help. Now, off to make more lilies for another cake. Thanks again!!!
Here is my dilemma...I'm a creature of habit, and have only recently began offering flowers made of royal icing, etc. Anyway, I have a cake going out this afternoon that the customer requested lilies on. So, I used my lily nail with foil lining, and my lilies looked superb. Sadly, when I let them harden up, and tried to remove them to my cake, they cracked all over the place. I didn't let them harden more than an hour. I thought about lightly spraying the foil with a...
Thanks for the welcome to CC and the compliments. As far as being price competitive, I really have no other competition other than the grocery stores, which are actually a little lower than my prices. I'm trying to stay in the game price-wise, and hopefully, word of mouth will continue to spread, and I'll get more and more orders. I try to offer 3D, gumpaste, fondant and other option that I know that the grocery stores don't carry.
Thanks for the welcome to CC and the compliments. As far as being price competitive, I really have no other competition other than the grocery stores, which are actually a little lower than my prices. I'm trying to stay in the game price-wise, and hopefully, word of mouth will continue to spread, and I'll get more and more orders. I try to offer 3D, gumpaste, fondant and other option that I know that the grocery stores don't carry.
This is my first post on this great website. Just wanted to share that I have my very first FBCT in the freezer as we speak. If this one works, I have another cake order for tomorrow that I plan on using this same method on. I have been decorating cakes for 15+ years, but have only recently gone into business for myself. I must say that I love this website, and am already addicted to it, and the information that I'm finding here! Keep sharing and keep those fingers...