Posts by jowhip

Doug, if you see this I am so sorry I didn't do this sooner. I apologize and feel really bad, I just saw your comment on my photo for a forum on how to do trucks/tractors.I bake 2 cakes make sure they are firm I use a homemade chocolate, in a loaf pan. 1 I place on a board the second I cut and shave until I have the right size and angels for the 1st and place on top. then decorate for desired effect. I bake 1 large rectangle cake to set the scene for the...
if you have access to a chocolate fountain I was at a wedding where they had fresh strawberries and chocolate fountain it was a great hit. I think they rented the fountain for about $35 (in AZ).Velveeta HIt 'n Cheesy Crab Dipprep: 5 min Total 10 minMakes 2 1/2 C1lb (16 oz.) Velveeta cut up1 can (6 1/2 oz.) crabmeat, drained, flaked1/2 C. green onion slices1/2 C. chopped red bell pepper1/2 C. Sour Cream1/8 tsp. ground red pepper (ceyenne)Mix velveeta, crabmeat, onions...
My sister in law and I did a wedding cake a few years ago we used the wilton rolled fondant but we kept them in big tupperware boxes with air tight lids until the big day, we had to transport them to wendover, NV. Not sure if this will help or not.
I also used lemon extract to mix the dusts instead of vodka. I have also been told everclear works great, but lemon extract seems to work well too
I used a black, orange (mixed with wilton red brush on paint) petal dust and silver luster dust on fondant the other day for a birthday party at a pool it sat outside out of direct sunlight from about 11 am til 6 pm and nothing changed colors. I am so sorry to hear about your mishap, please let me know if you figure something out I would love to know.ThanksJo
chocolate cake recipe from scratch probably costs me $5 vs. $3 for box.If I am doing a large cake, a white or vanilla cake that needs carved or a stand up/3-D cake I use 1 box of Betty crocker french vanilla and 1 box of BC pound cake or if you need larger 1 box of pound cake too 2 box of french vanilla, I only have to cook it for about 15 mins longer than normal it cooks all the way through is ver firm and easy to work with and everybody loves the taste of it.
I would use petal dust to paint the stripes and gingham onto white fondant. For a suggestion, If she wants a tired cake I would do 3 rounds bottom in gingham check, middle in stripes and top with cherry's and a number 1 candle on the top. All can be painted on with petal or luster dust. I ordered some from winbeckler and recieved them in two days, one of those being a holiday. The other option is to tint fondant to the colors that you desire, for stripes you could...
I use my mother-in-law's chocolate cake recipe it's firmer for carving, 3-d ect, but to most people I have done it for say it has a better flavor than any box mix. White/vanilla I have done both with similar results and raves. I have found cost wise it probably a few cents more for scratch vs. mix but the taste is worth a lot more that the few cents extra it costs to make it.Jo
It depends on how big? tiered? of a cake you are trying to travel with you could always back the cake wrap in plastic wrap put in tupperware box and carry on and decorate it when you get to Utah. But traveling with a decorated cake could be a disaster. I live in Northern Utah and had to travel to Wendover with a wedding cake. we baked the cakes, Iced and covered in fondant and put them in air tight tupperware containers with a non slip bottom and then stacked and...
Wilton make a cone shaped pick that you stick into the cake and can put silk or real flowers into them. They won't touch any part of the cake because they are inside the cone.Hope this helps