Posts by christeena

I have several of these molds and try to get them with the 40% off coupon. My favorite way to use them is with chocolate for decorations. I have not had much luck using fondant but love them for chocolate. I used the zipper mold to make a chocolate zipper that I pressed into the fondant as an impression and used the baroque broach and jewels for my purse cake. I just melt candy melts in piping bag with a heating pad, fill the mold, tap it to release air bubbles and...
I agree with jgifford - I have done numerous baby butt cakes on smaller cakes such as a 9" or 8". Most times I use a 4" cake for the butt or a cupcake! Proportion is key and can easily be adjusted. The effect is the same!
I friend who lives in Fayetteville, NC is having a hard time finding a decorator in her area. The wedding is May 12 and they still do not have one! Can anyone recommend someone or is willing to take this on? Please let me know! Thanks, Chris
I used to have this issue with all versions of the WASC so I cut back the sugar to 1/2 cup for white and 2/3 cup for chocolate and have not had sinking middles since. I also use 2/3 cup flour and 1/3 cup cocoa and 1 tsp. Baking powder. Not only do they not sink but the cakes are not overly sweet which is my preference!
Inspired: Gotcha! Really makes a dif on what brands you use and their strength in flavor!
Everything starts on STIR until all the PS is in and no longer dry - then it is kicked up to 6 and let go for up to 8 minutes or so. My KA Epicurean has the wider bowl but for some reason I just did not have to adjust at all. I do add 2 tsp. white popcorn salt to further cut the sweetness to the PS right before I dump it all in. It's 2 lbs. 13 oz. hi ratio to 6 lbs. powdered sugar. I cannot imagine using 10 TBS. flavoring as I think the 5 TBS. I use is a tad on the...
I heat 1 cup water in the microwave for a couple minutes until boiling and I add 1 cup of original powder Coffee Mate, whisking until blended and I use 5 TBS, of Wedding Bouquet. That is all the liquid I use. The icing will appear very soft after beating it for the 7 - 9 minutes but you must let it rest in a cool spot for at least 6-8 hours and it firms up as it cools.
Just chiming in here as I have a 6 qt. KA Epicurean and have been making Sharon's BC for quite a while now with perfect results every time. I put the 2 lbs. 13 oz. hi-ratio in the mixer bowl, add the hot liquid and flavoring and beat on low until creamy and combined. Then I add ALL of the PS , by the cupful until the bag is easy to handle aand then I just dump it all in. As soon as there is no more dry PS, I crank it up to 6 and let it go for 7 minutes. Shut off and...
I make it as simple as possible on myself and just charge half of my normal fee - the other half being my gift to my friend, the bride - for nieces and nephews, it's a freebie as my gift.
You have to know your market's sustainability over the long term. I have a friend that wants to open a cuppie shop in our area due to the "glory" of it all proclaimed on the cupcake shows on TV. Our nearest town has a population of about 3000 - it balloons during the short tourist season. We also have a high rate of unemployment. I have researched a cake shop in our area and do not believe it would last long term after the novelty wore off so I just do cakes for...