Posts by aprilsloan

I just got my first actual cake order today. It's for a little girl's 10th birthday, and she wants the cake to have a picture of Aang from Avatar: The Last Airbender. It's a kid's show on nickelodeon. I don't know where to find good ideas for pictures. any help will be greatly appreciated!
hahahaha don't feel bad. So did I, not too long ago. Probably a couple months ago. Still, they were absolutely breathtaking.
Okay. So I have to make a cake for our 25th family reunion, and I want it to look really elegant since it's the 25th year. I really want to make red roses out of royal icing, which is fine, but I want them to have the effect that the tips of the petals were dipped in gold. I can't get my hands on luster dust. poo. So I have an idea- I've seen that wilton makes gold edible glitter, but the crystals are a little too "chunky" for the effect I'm looking for. Do you think it...
my aunt sent me an email today with these pictures- we don't know the person who actually crafted them- all we know is that the babies are crafted out of marzipan. I think they are beautiful, and thought the rest of CC would like to see them.
it's no picnic here in vermont either. My house alone is 98 degrees- we don't have a/c because we have retarded windows and the type we would need are double in cost. we try not to run the oven- last night it was so bad we went out for dinner. At least the resturant had ac. The humidity is so bad here that the tile on my floors are constantly wet & slippery and they won't dry, even with a dehumidifier running. My cakes suffer horribly- the frosting melts as soon as it...
Emo (music), a subgenre of hardcore punk musicEmo (slang), a slang term used to describe a wide range of fashion styles and attitudes somewhat affiliated with emo music.some bands considered emo are:American Hi-Fi, culture shock, Dropkick Murphys, <---(my personal fav)Eve 6, Green Day, Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, etc. A suggestion is find out what the favorite emo band is, and if they have a symbol associated with the band you can put that on the cake. Example- the band...
HELP!!!! I'm trying to make a cake that has roses on it for a friend's birthday. Everytime I try to make a rose, the icing just droops into one big ball of mushy icing. It won't keep shape at all. What icing recipe is the best for making roses????
Hello, my name is April, and I have an addiction.::in unison- "hello April"::I didn't think I had an addiction to the site until it was gone. It's my drug. I neeeeeeeeeeed it- at least 25 times a day- without it I experience mood swings, trouble breathing, nervousness, and the chills. CC is what keeps me sane. It helps me to make better cakes, and lets me share my creativity with others. I have and addiction to the best website in the world. Thank you.::where can I get one...
I know EXACTLY how you feel. I had a c-section with my daughter. (she'll be 1 yr next month) The night before the surgery they told me to take it easy, get lots of rest, and stay away from stressful situations. If you ask me, the thought of going into the hospital for surgery and coming home with a new baby was stressful enough! And since today is Thursday, Happy Birthday Little One!!! I hope all went well, and congratulations on your new blessing.
I'm VERY new to this cake decorating thing, and I've heard alot about using viva paper towels to smooth the icing. Can someone explain to me this procedure, and why is it typically used only with viva brand paper towels??