Posts by Rachael1013

Along with what k8memphis said - some places can't go back and add on the tip. The cafe in the building where I work can't accept credit card tips written on the slip unless you want to have them swipe your card again. So they just have a little tip jar next to their register.Yes, it does seem tacky, but sometimes there's extenuating circumstances. I'd left a tip on several slips at this particular cafe and never knew they weren't actually getting their tips until I...
This is the add copied from my e-mail:With such a great 2008, we couldn't think of a better way to say thank you to our customers in the beginning of 2009, other than to offer 25% off all orders. Use code: newyear when checking out and you will receive 25% off your entire order.This coupon is valid from Saturday, January 3rd, 2009 until Saturday, January 10th, 2009.Enjoy! It's good for a week, so I'm sure they will have other shipments arrive before the sale is over...
In their defense, they just had a sale a few days ago - New Year's Day actually. They also sent out a coupon for that, so that could explain why their stock is low...I mean, it's only been 3 days.
Good for you! I'm glad that you charge more and I'm glad that people in your area are willing to pay that, but like I said, we're in Wal-Mart country. People are slowly coming around to the idea that Wal-Mart's $1.58/serving (and yes, that's really what they charge) wedding cakes are not all they are cracked up to be. Anyhow, it sounds like this girl really wants this cake if she's contacting people as far as KC.
I mean absolutely no offense by this, but you people don't know Rolla, Mo. It's a town of 15,000 that's about 45% college kids. Another 25% is rural farmers. This is sheet cake country. When I was in college, we always said Wal-Mart was the local hang-out - there's just nothing there. In Springfield, prices vary from $1.69 to $3.50 and Springfield metro is 30x the size of Rolla. It's not that we're any worse off than anyone else in the country. It's just our...
We always make MMF and we just color it while the marshmallows are melty... Never seem to have a problem.
I usually end up using the full 2 lbs. except for what's stuck to the bowl. But as someone already said, you'd need to grease your hands up before you knead it. Mine has always turned out nicely.... Maybe if you keep adding powdered sugar slowly until it gets better. But you definitely want to grease the whole thing before you wrap it to rest.
How much of the powdered sugar did you use?
That's gorgeous!
Yeah, apparently it's not so good for us humans...So this is the cake she wants...I'm just planning to substitute the winterberry for the red roses. I've never done GP flowers, so I don't think I want to do that. Do you think fake/silk flowers would still look ok?TIA!