Posts by lutie

what is the shelf life?  does it keep as long as fondant?  Can you freeze it and then thaw before filling the forms?  Can you freeze the lace once it is made?
My cakes are still tasting the same and are delicious...make sure you sift the flour and sugar and then measure them out before adding it to the mix...I also sift the cake mix...makes the texture just right :)
This is the email I received from Kakeladi many years ago...it explains everything :)  Hope it helps you in your quest...   "Kakeladi's ORIGINAL WASC 1 pkg Betty Crocker white cake mix 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 cup granulated sugar 3 whole eggs (even for white cakes) 1 cup water 1 cup sour cream 1 teaspoon almond emulsion (stronger than flavoring) In a bowl, mix 1st 3 ingredients. (see notes below) Set aside. Place remaining ingredients in mixer bowl then add the...
Do you use pudding in all of your mini-cupcake recipes?
I have not noticed a difference in the oz... I just thought it was Duncan Hines inferiority...LOL
Thanks so much! It really helped me
Thanks for this, as I was looking for buttercream maroon instructions
"All the google docs with recipes and the threads they came from are found in "THE RECIPE LINKS ARE HERE" thread. Click on "Forums", then "Recipes" and it's the first sticky. Latest updates are on page 10."Thanks for this, also, bobwonderbuns
...so how did you arrive at the maroon color?
...just saw this last week: when using the ganache, cover it with chocolate clay...it makes the fondant go on smoothly and and stick...just an idea!