Posts by aandsmommy

....I am so sorry. It happens to the best of us. You did the right thing. I know it is hard, but pick yourself back up and try to move on. Remember, you are only human...we ALL make mistakes!
vgcea, I appreciate that...thank you. This of course is stressful to me....I spoke with the planner and she said it was not a big deal at all and the bride just mentioned to not tell the groom and now I am wondering if the groom even knows what fondant is, since he ate it on Friday night with his grooms cake and loved it all. Anyhow, I am still planning on following up with the bride, but I am hoping it will just blow over.Thank you.
Okay, this is getting a little out of hand...never did I say I could do whatever I wanted...I made a mistake, I am owning up to it and I just wanted a way to talk to the client. They ordered a grooms cake with fondant...the groom not liking fondant was a comment made during the tasting. Again, I made a mistake and it slipped my mind, and since they ordered one cake with fondant (specifically his, I went ahead and did it on the bridal cake).I do have that clause because...
yep, plenty of buttercream underneath...my cakes are smaller than my boards and I take my buttercream to the edge...plus I do 4 layers of cake and 3 layers of filling, so there was plenty of buttercream. just going to honestly apologize and see what her response is.thanks!
Thanks for the replies. I have been making and selling cakes for over 10 years...quite simply I made a mistake which of course, I am sad about...I know what the mistake was, but I was looking for advice on how to proceed. I do have in my contract that I reserve the right to make changes based on, but not limited to, unavailability of ingredients, aesthetic design, ingredient substitution based on adverse weather or stability of cake. I will follow up with her and see...
Sorry everyone...I think this post makes more sense here...I put it in the disasters forum, but it wasn't a disaster...just a mistake. Thanks for helping!Hi everyone! I delivered a cake yesterday that was supposed to be done in buttercream (it was 4 tiers separated with flowers) and I just plain forgot that the groom was not a fan of fondant. It had so many flowers on it and was not the most stable cake, so I felt the fondant helped with stability. Anyhow she mentioned it...
Hi everyone! I delivered a cake yesterday that was supposed to be done in buttercream (it was 4 tiers separated with flowers) and I just plain forgot that the groom was not a fan of fondant. It had so many flowers on it and was not the most stable cake, so I felt the fondant helped with stability. Anyhow she mentioned it to her planner and I would like to follow up. Just not sure what to say and if I should offer anything.Thank you!
Perhaps...but she wanted the groom's cake presented. The bridal cake was out all evening...the groom's cake did not come out until later. So strange...I needed it a certain size to serve everyone. Anyhow, I need to brush it off and move on!
Thank you for your phone call yesterday. Again, I am saddened to hear that you were upset by the size of the groom's cake. I did go over all of our emails to make certain that their was no misunderstanding on my part. We did discuss doing a cake to serve 100 guests. As you can see by the Wilton serving chart (which is industry standard), a 6, 9 and 12 serves 100 guests. I did speak with your brother prior to the wedding and offered a cake stand for rental if you were...
Good answer. I am going to email her...and want to politely respond. Yes, she knew the breakdown...we have over 50 emails back and forth with pictures, sizes,...a contract and an invoice with everything detailed. Sometimes, you just can't win...