Posts by beauty4151980

Does anyone know of a website that sells large "realistic-looking" baby molds? By large I mean a mold that creates a figure that is around 4" in length. I like the one that is sold by Global Sugar Art, but it creates a figure that is too small for the cake I need to make. I also don't want to have to pay an arm and a leg for the mold (no more than $25-$30).
Does anyone know of a website that sells large "realistic-looking" baby molds? By large I mean a mold that creates a figure that is around 4" in length. I like the one that is sold by Global Sugar Art, but it creates a figure that is too small for the cake I need to make. I also don't want to have to pay an arm and a leg for the mold (no more than $25-$30).
Maybe you could try to somehow cover the cake with Shredded Wheat cereal to give it the texture and look of hay. It was the first edible thing with the texture of hay that popped into my mind (LOL)!
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!
What's the best tasting red buttercream in a can? I have to make an Elmo cake in a few weeks, and I don't want to go through the trouble of coloring buttercream and ending up with icing with a bitter dye taste.
Thanks for all of your responses. She wants to include two friends, and they are all willing to pay for the tasting. Ugh---decisions, decisions! This is all new to me, so it's a bit overwhelming!
A potential client wants to taste the following flavors at her cake tasting:Cake flavors: Carrot Cake, Red Velvet, Spice, Devil’s Food, White Almond Sour CreamFilling flavors: Cream Cheese Buttercream, Banana Cream, Chocolate Bavarian Cream, Bavarian CreamShe wants to bring friends along to the tasting. How much should I charge per person based upon the flavors chosen? Thanks in advance for your help!
The cake is made of buttercream with royal icing roses, and there's no fondant at all (according to Wilton) .
Thanks for your responses. No, I have never made a cake that big before. Here's the photo: I don't know why the attachment didn't work the first time!
A lady whose kids are in my kids' playgroup asked me to make the cake for her and her husband's 25th. wedding anniversary/vow renewal reception. She requested no fondant and wants tiers containing different flavors. The cake needs to feed approximately 250 guests. I am thinking about making the cake in the attached photo, but it will contain 5 tiers on pillars. The tiers will consist of the following flavors:8"- Carrot cake with cream cheese buttercream filling10" -...