Posts by aleamon98

I think that it is great that you would do that for her. I think there is a difference in spoiling someone and making a special day for them even more special.Myself as a parent to a child that gets what she wants, but also knows when I say no I mean it. I think that it is wonderful, I never refuse a gift to my child because I have deemed it to expensive or spoiling. But it may be best to let them know or do like you said and incoperate it into the sheet cake on a smaller...
It was discussed or I gathered the pricing was discussed upon ordering the cake - with the "my friend is paying for it" that her friend told her and the talk of the discount. I think that the invoice is professional and the best way to handle it, friend or foe. A business is a business. The friend knew she was suppose to pay - she didn't. She is definitely at fault. It doesn't matter who brings the topic of payment up - it was known that money was owed for the cake, that...
Crotch Rockets on a beach with the ocean surf boards etc. Have then running the strip in front of the beach then do the surf boards and the ocean.
Had to add my .02 but I agree your sister sounds like a B. Dont let her saying those things to you affect you. You do a wonderful job for just starting out and I think that your sister is jealous that you are having offers to make cakes for money. DONT let her get you down and make you give up something that you love. Think about it...if you buy something from walmart dont you complain if you dont like it or it isnt right...so dont you think that if your "paying" customers...
I am not as experienced as some when it comes to dealing with customers. But since you are unable to provide her with the product she is wanting..did she know that you had to find the pans or was this agreed upon with her thinking that you had them? Regardless though I would follow through with what you have told her. If she doesnt call you back, which it seems she is trying to avoid you dont waste your valuable time worrying about them. Refund the deposit if that is what...
Being that it is her wedding I would think that it would be more appropriate to ask her if she minded you doing that. Remember it is her day. I am sure that she would not mind or even do a place card that says cake was made my yadda yadda something simple like that.
sounds to me that as long as the kitchen is seperated by walls then it would be legal to do that. That is unless you sleep or live in your kitchen all the time. But then sometimes that legal stuff is confusing but surely they dont classify you as living in your kitchen right?
okay so i am breaking out the old recipes. i use this one and it tends to be good all the times that i have made.2 sticks butter1 c crisco (packed)2 boxes powdered sugarand a capful (1 tsp) vanillait seems to be good and is easy for me to work with. i was told that if it was to thick then to add the water a little at a time to make it the right consistancy. i have never had to add the water although cant say that i never will. this recipe usually is more than enough for a...
i use abt that recipe when doing my buttercreams and its not to runny actually gets kind of thick although heat the consistancy of it.
there are no pictures attached.