Posts by ljudd1969

I could have sworn I saw an article on CC about making your own but I couldn't find it when I did a search. I checked the forums too but didn't find what I was looking for. Does anyone have words of advice for me? I figure I will have to cut circles to size (from foam core maybe?) but should I double up? What should I use to glue the two together if I do need to double up? If I'm going to cover w/fondant, do I cover the board w/something first to smooth out any rough...
I've done it - no problems here!
Sometimes these types of things can be a blessing in disguise! What seems like a disaster can actually be the stepping stone to get you where you're really supposed to be. I know it sounds desperately optimistic but think positive; it could happen. I hope it all works out for the best for you. keep us posted on what happens.
Thanks for the tips ladies. Jan, you're a wealth of information!!! You always have a good link for every topic. It was very helpful.southaustingirl, I like the idea of using both. I think that's what I'll do. I went ahead and made a batch of the MMF so I can practice on the decorations. I'm going to make some RBC too (since it can be made ahead of time) so I can get a feel for it. Ya'll are awsome, thanks!!
I agree, that would be sweet! does anyone know how many people have to save your pic before it becomes an all-time favorite?
I've never worked w/either recipe only the store-bought nasty stuff. I wanted a better tasting fondant but also one that is relatively easy to work with. In your opinion, what is the better recipe to use? Does one handle better than the other? Does one taste better than the other? I'm going to be using it on my very 1st topsy turvy cake this next week & I'm really nervous to be trying a new fondant recipe too Help!
I'm doin' the freebie thing too. Mostly for friends and family but kind of venturing outside of that circle to get more experience. I would love to someday be able to make a business of it, but judging from the expenses we ran into starting our other business (& the constant expenses of running it) I'm afraid that just might not be possible . I can dream though right!!! In the mean time, I enjoy decorating as a hobby. The payment is in how happy everyone is when they...
Looks good!!!
That is so sweet. I have really great in-laws as well. I don't know how I got so lucky either. My MIL & FIL are both wonderful to me. I was really afraid at 1st because I married the baby of the family (the youngest of 9!) and figured I was in for a nightmare but they've been a dream! When they come to visit they show up w/boxes loaded w/groceries, baked goodies, toys for the boys, and just stuff they know we like. I can't get my MIL to sit still while she's here...
I'm with you - I'm not getting fatter, my clothes are getting smaller!!!! Has nothing to do w/my love affair w/cake. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!