Posts by charman

Has anyone else noticed the lack of Pillsbury Dark Choc. Fudge cake mixes in the stores? We are in VA, and pretty much down to one store that carries this particular mix. Walmart lists it as "discontinued" Anybody have any input on this?C
Has anyone noticed the new "look" of the Duncan Hines cake mixes? Well, you might want to look real close...if you are like me, and use them all of the time, you could make theses mixes with your eyes closed...well open them up fellow bakers. The classic white is not the same recipe or the same size box anymore. The pictures call for 3 large eggs, 1 cup of water, and 1/4 cup of oil...totally different...make it that way, and you will NOT get a true WHITE cake...but if...
Rendee...you said except for the above mentioned...did you mean Duncan Hines or Pillsbury? ThanksC
The extender recipe I use adds 1 extra egg, 1 cup flour and sugar, 1 cup sour cream, pinch of salt and teaspoon of vanilla along with what is on the box...what I use for all flavors...sorry, but don't know that I agree with the baking too long theory, again, since it doesn't happen with the other flavors. Sorry but glad to hear others are having a problem...when I called they told me to add more sugar...also had someone tell me to add the sugar at the end...I too think it...
Surely someone has a response to this...please...
I typically use the Wilton All Shortening Buttercream recipe...is there a way to add melted white chocolate to it, and if so, how much would I use? Has anyone ever done this? Trying to avoid the butter in the recipe since it is for an August wedding...any help?C
Apologize for the length now, but here is my dilemma...I have been using Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge with the cake mix extender recipe for 4 years now, and just recently I have started having problems...cake appears done, tests done, remove from the oven, and 15 minutes later...it has sunk in the middle. I have contact DH to see if they have changed their mix or formula, and they say no. I use all of their flavors, and have no problems with the others. Recently, I...
Does anyone have a good mango curd recipe?
We recently had a Creme Brulee Cupcake and it got me thinking...the icing tasted like a buttercream...not swiss merinque...that had been torched. Is this something you could do with buttercream if the buttercream contains no butter? Does anyone have a recipe that would be similar to this. This cupcake had no filling in it either...just looking for ideas.Thanks in advance.C
No, i never refrigerate my cakes or freeze them...I am horrible with measurements...but actually the board is 1/2 inch thick. I've used these boards forever, so I know it is not the board the whole cake is on...something either with the cardboard between the layers, the bubble straws or my icing (and not sure it is that).