Posts by RRGibson

Hi Alan! Will you guys plan on carrying modeling chocolate any time soon? Thanks!
I use Swiss Meringue Buttercream, which is pretty much the same, and have never had a problem. In my opinion, due to the high butter content, onceyou refrigerate it, it's much easier to cover with fondant.
Thanks so much!! I have my cart saved at home and will order tonight. I saw the flat freight, that's wonderful!
I wouldn't do it. Everytime I every took a rush order like this, I had a problem and something went wrong! Good luck!
Does anyone know what the code is? They say contact them for it, but they're taking their time getting back to me and I need to place an order like yesterday! Thanks!
There's a little notch in the middle of each plate. You would use that to center your cake and board on the plate. Leah is sooo right. That center dowel is such false security. It only took one disaster for me to start using the SPS system.
Thanks Jan! That does help some. But, the bride wants oval tiers, so I don't think that kind of round stand would support it. Afraid it would tip over?
I know you guys know which one I'm talking about. The one where the callas look like they're coming through the cake and out the top? I need a little help with the construction. Client wants bottom two tiers stacked, stems, top tier, then the callas through the top. Not exactly sure how to achieve this. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Does anyone know where I can find the little cage thingy that you use to create fresh flower toppers? I don't know exactly what it's called and searching for it isn't going too well. Thanks for any help you can offer!
I never use a simple syrup for cakes or cupcakes. If you integrate things like the dry pudding mix, yogurt, sour cream, etc. your cakes and cupcakes will be more moist. The SMBC doesn't have to be refrigerated. But I never leave mine out more than over night.