Posts by puncess

I also use flower nails but I have also used an empty tomato paste can with both the top and bottom cut off for the larger cake pans. Since it is higher than the flower nail, it will do the trick of directing the heat to the center of the cake. I grease the can inside and out then I pour my batter in the pan and then place the can right in the middle of the batter. I use the baking strips too.
Thank you! I does seem like a lot of filling huh . But I will double check your math and thank you so much for responding! Others are curious so I'm surprised no one else has a chart somewhere
Hello Cake-happy. I also work full time and will be baking my first wedding cake in August. I do not usually freeze my cakes either and am reluctant to do so on my first cake. However, just a suggestion: Make your BC on Wednesday night. I would take Thursday off instead of Friday. Put in a full day of baking and get all your cakes done. While your cakes bake on Thursday make your BC roses and freeze the roses. Whatever cakes cool on Thursday night you can crumb...
How can I determine how many cups of cake filling I need to make to fill each of the following size cakes: 16x16; 12x12; 8x8 and 4x4? Is there a table or formula? Thanks
can anyone suggest a not-too sweet Raspberry filling? I'm not sure how sweet the pre-packaged fillings are and I'm concerned about the cost and time to make the raspberry filling in the recipe section. (The wedding cake is 4 tiered - 16,12,8,4 4" high) for 225+ people! Any suggestions anyone?? TIA
I have the same situation to address for a wedding coming up in August. My plan was to do exactly what MommyEdzards shows in her pics, except I was going to add some "feet" to make it easier to pick up. Thanks MommyEdzards for the pics. I am definitely going with this idea!I have been looking at inexpensive framed mirrors or even a framed picture (I would take out the pic and possible add a neutral paper) to use as my base .
I would just like to know and understand when would you use each of these products. I need to make a 4 tier STACKED square wedding cake soon. I was originally thinking or using double cardboard seperatator boards covered in press and seal with wooden dowel rods sharpened and dowelled into each of the lower levels. Which would be sturdier??? I do not plan to travel with the layers stacked but will stack on site. Should I use the Plastic hidden Pillars with the square...
are you using the bake even strips and the upside down flower nail(s) in the middle of your cake? You do need some kind of heating core! Most CC'ers use a flower nail. I have used more than one for a large cake. I have also seen on this site that someone suggested using a cleaned tomato paste can, with the top AND bottom removed; as your heating core. I would use cake release on the can. I have not tried this yet; but I also have to make a 16" square cake soon. Try...
Thank you so much for the great suggestions and the pics where also very helpful to visualize. (still haven't decided on any thing yet!) I will take a show the bride these suggestions and my original idea and let her choose! Handymama can you share what the cake are sitting on? Did you have to 'construct' them yourself! TIA
My bride's theme is double hearts! Her mother is baking 2 12" heart cakes but she want me to decorate them. The border for the 2 heart cakes are white gumpaste leaves. OK NP! However, I'm wondering what idea's you all have for putting the two cakes together to complement her theme for 2 INTERLOCKING hearts! I thought about one over the other sort of off to the side using pillars and then 'hiding' the pillars with some flowers or tulle.. . . Your ideas and...