Posts by BellaSweet

Thanks everyone for your help! I promised I would post a picture of the cake. Here it is. I used different sized tear drop cutters and lights pressed it onto the frosting. Then went over it with piping detail.
Thank you both for responding. Everything I tried pulled of icing and it looked awful. I think in the future, if someone wants a BC cake with diamond quilting, I'm going to have to do a Crusting American BC. I ended yp covering the cake in fondant and then pressing the diamond in one by one. Whew, glad its over.  
It's so late here. I'm exhausted! I'm working on a wedding cake right now. It is proving to be very difficult. Its SMBC and I have to do the diamond quilt pattern on the cake. So far, on method hasn't worked. I used a diamond shape xutter to make the pattern. Its not working. I guess I'm going to have to tey the impressionmat....I just want to sleep.
So I have decide to do the cake. She wants gray and navy blue. So I will do the softest, lightest gray I can make and the navy blue. Cross my fingers it doesn't turn black. And then put a pretty little navy blue ribbon around the base. For the design, I am using part of @DeniseNH idea. I bought some tear drop cutter, but will lightly impress the cutters into the icing making the template on the cake. Then I will pip over the pattern on the cake. When you break it down to...
@carmijok sorry for the confusion. This is for an 8" birthday cake. Not the same as the wedding cake. @jenmat I think that is a fantastic idea! Thank you!!! @DeniseNH That is another great idea. I could just make it into a stencil. Thank you!
@SPCOhioI have seen Sweet Sugarbelle's recipe. She uses confectioners sugar. How do the cookies taste using that? @johnson6ofus I have a few times here and on comments pages for Royal Icing tutorials about how people detest the very idea of Wilton's MP. But I put so much Almond extract in mine it tastes great. I did a side by side comparison with Williams Sonoma and Wilton. My husband, who is obsessed with decorated sugar cookies, couldn't tell the difference. The only...
carmijok you are hilarious. I did think about charging her out the wazoo for it. I'm still trying to decide what to do. And she did not tell me the exact shades. This girl is pretty vague with her order requests so far. For Thanksgiving she asked for Thanksgiving cookies. She never specified a design. Lol so I gave her the ones in my avatar. She did the same thing for Halloween. Just asked for Halloween cookies, no specs. She has downsized a few orders when she gets a...
SHe has not put a deposit down, and the wedding cake has been booked and paid for 3 months now. Thank you for the advice. I really appreciate it!
Its not that I absolutely don't want to do it, well...yeah I kind of don't. But, I will do it because I already told her I was available before I saw the pattern. Which, the pattern itself is beautiful. But to want it in blue on a gray cake doesn't look nice in my head. My other issue is that I just don't kmow how to do the pattern. I can't freehand that. I can cut it out of fondant I guess. Or maybe try a frozen buttercream transfer. Although I've never done one. Just...
here is thedesign.