Posts by cakegirl79

ok that is what I usually do with tiered cakes so I will just do that. I usually use plates one inch bigger but with this one I can't do that, because the bottom border is more on the side of the cake than the bottom. Thank you for your help!!Here are the hidden pillars I use:http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E3119F0-475A-BAC0-5772682F766C019C&fid=63EB9DA7-475A-BAC0-522158B536D3E04A
I'm doing a cake for June 3 that is a 4 tier (6, 10, 12, 14) with two sattelite 10" cakes attached to the 4 tier with stairs. It is going to be the 14, 12, and 10 then the 6" will be seperated by pillars. What is the best, most secure way to stack this cake? I need HELP!!! Thanks in advance.
How funny!! I was thinking of making a trifle, do you have any good recipes? The cake is French Vanilla.
Yeah I finally (after 4 failed attempts) called Wilton and was told quite rudely that it requires pound cake mix, something I had apparently missed. Thanks for that Doctoring info, it will come in handy!! i have a pound cake in the oven now so we'll find out if this one works!! I hope so, I can't take another failed cake I've already cried alot over the 4 failures!! Of course I'm sure being 7 months pregnant has nothing to do with that!!
I am just about ready to give up - unfortunatly I can't. I am baking my 3rd duck cake b/c I can't seem to get it to come out, the bottom half turns out fine but the top half doesn't it gets a crusty brown layer and it's smaller. I have followed the instructions exactly and I don't understand what is going wrong. This cake is for tomorrow, so I have to get it to turn out today so I can freeze it. I would appreciate any tips that might help me, PLEASE!!!
Carrie, Congrats!!! I've been lurking for a bit and this seems like a grand occasion for my first post!!!I have a 5 year old and one on the way in October!! My biggest piece of advice for you right now is REST as much as you can!!! Over the next few weeks you are going to be more tired than you ever felt possible!!! I'm almost 12 weeks and just now regaining energy!! Enjoy every moment knowing that there is a sweet little angel forming inside you!! I agree with the books...