Posts by frosting111

I was looking for a fathers day cake a couple years ago and stumbled across this web site by accident, and been loyal member every since..what an amazing asset CC has been to me!!!I love reading threw the forums and spending hours looking threw all the wonderful pictures!Finding this place was like striking gold!I appreciate all of you CCers, you all are what makes this place so great!
Thanks for the info Macsmom, I'll sure take it into consideration next time a carved cake comes my way...I sure wish I had known about using the melted chocolate in the mix, and knowing to allow the mix to settle and cool in the fridge first when I did my Elmo cake...it wasn't so bad carving beings I used the pan directions and mixed in a pound cake mix with my cake mix..but I noticed when carving it that it had some tiny air pockets, and when cutting it at the party it...
I'm sure that they only do that for ease of the challenge. To make a cake dense for intricate carving, I just add melted chocolate - it makes the cake more dense while retaining moisture and adding flavor. I wouldn't want to waste a lot of chocolate on a cake that I knew would be thrown away [/quote]Macsmom...You got my attention: How do you go about adding the melted chocolate to your mix, how much per mix, and the steps you use to add it...Does it give the consistency...
Buddy...love seeing you post, its such an honor...I am a "Fan"of yours, as well as Kerry's...You are a true artist in every sense of cake decorating...keep on keeping on!!!I wish you all the best in every challenge you ever enter and admire your work, patience and example you set before us all..I only hope to become just a fraction of the cake decorator you are someday...Happy Baking, Mary
I have had a couple students in my classes who had learning disability's...one lady was very proud of her work, as bad as it looked to us all she saw was a beautiful work of art that she created in her eyes...Since she did have obvious learning disability's and was very sensitive, we all went along with her, especially after her crying in class cause she struggled to make rose's, and she wanted so bad to do so she could make an anniversary cake for her parents..mind you...
I love ease and consistency of the box/pre-mixed cake mixes, and the only issue I really have with scratch is because it always has a floury taste to it.I do see how some people could tell the difference, same as one can with homemade vs. the refrigerated pre-baked store bought cookie doe's...
I use box mixes only. That way I know for sure the consistency and flavors of my cakes will always turnout the same...and when need be, I doctor the mixes, and like I read here on CC "box mixes are just pre-measured ingredients".If the customer doesn't ask, I don't bring it up..I let them think what they will...I have a friend who worked with a lady who decorated cakes and used box mixes, and she always made fun of and gossiped about her behind her back to everyone because...
Does it hold up well, and have the same consistency of regular Butter cream icing?I cant find the recipe for it on here Would love to try it...
Well then you came to the best place in the world to learn anything you want to know about cake decorating and anything related to it here on CC...this is one group of wonderful people indeed.Wishing you all the best and Happy Baking, Mary
I'm in Fletcher, pert near in Asheville/Arden by about a couple miles...If you like you can copy and paste anything you want off my web site to use on yours...I dont mind sharing one bit..help yourself, change what you want anyway that suits you on your site.