Posts by frosting111

Which Lace embosser/cutter patterns are the best to buy, meaning by design and brand...what would be the best all around pattern to own and have on hand to use?I found a few nice diamond quilted cutters, wouldn't getting the one without the center designs be the best option? Do you apply shortening or dust cornstarch to the cutters to make the impressions on the fondant so it wont stick to the icing?Trying to invest in a nice all around set to get started
Awesome...keep the replys rolling in, theses sites are totally awesome indeed.Any advice on the best way to use the cutters and embossers will be much appreciated.. as in do you coat the cutters first and such as?Thanks, Mary
I am looking for a good reasonable place to buy some patchwork cutters and embossers..I am interested in the Quilted/Diamond style cutters that I have seen used on some of the cakes here...Never used cutters or embossers on any of my cakes as yet, just some simple flowers using my fondant punch out cutters. I also seen some dots embossers in my searches, does anyone here use those?Any advice will be appreciated..Mary
To check your icing consistency to see how soft or stiff it is, you use your rubber spatula swirl it around in your icing and pull straight up to form a peak, if the peak starts puddling or losing its pattern its too soft, if it stands straight up holding its pattern then its usually stiff enough to make flowers with, you just about want your BC icing to be that of the consistency you would use if you were using Royal Icing. If too soft add more powdered sugar till you get...
You can count me in....I just e-mailed ya
I usually charge $3.25 per serving for a basic simple BC cake and according to the details involved I go higher..you have to consider all your supplies,time,delivery and set up as well.Happy Baking, Mary
No you don't have to cool the base at all!!!Sounds like the icing you are using is too soft,add more powdered sugar till you get the consistency right, you need a slightly stiff yet not dry icing to make roses or any flowers so far as that goes.Also icing has a tendency to soften the longer you hold the bag in your hand, via your body temp...its a good idea once the icing gets too soft/warm to put it in the fridg for a few minutes and take that time to rest your hand or...
What exactly is it you cant get?Using your tip #104, once you form your base, you make a one single wrap around ribbon type petal to form the center of the rose bud, you attach three petals standing just about straight up,to form the rose bud, then 5 petals slightly slanted and staggered from them to form the rose and 7 petals even more slanted to form a full rose, (I usually do the 3 and 5 petals roses).. you start out using a slight arch style lift while applying...
You got my full attention and interest indeed!!!!!I love Debbie Browns work too...but you seem to have a nak for better people and details, or maybe its just your natural arua that shows through Looking forward to your slide show (BIG TIME)... You are an artist in the true sense and to learn from you would be an honor.Abundant Blessings, Mary
aine2....your work is totally awesome, I so admire your talent that it just makes me want to strive to do better and more detailed work on my own cakes. What an inspiration you are to me, thank you so much for sharing your photos and yourself...I was feeling kinda drab and stuck in a rut so far as my cakes and teaching my classes went till I saw yours and "WOWZERS" is all I can say girl, what a wake up call indeed, you got me all fired up again and wanting to take my cake...