Posts by tesso

hi guys, it's not size that matters it's the psi, you want. and what you need is non-pulsating air to prevent sputtering and splotching. the thicker the medium the more psi you need. BUT remember the most important thing, your air brush needles must be able to handle the material too. i have five air brush guns that i use. you cant get sheen through a small gauge needle, you must have the right sized needle. sweetshops, i looked at the system you linked, the biggest...
hello, this is what i do, everyone on here has their own ways, so hopefully more people will answer and you will have lots of choices to choose from. room temp cakes before stacking i use crusting buttercream, so have never used powdered sugar between stacks, good idea though. be very careful about wooden dowel, it must go into bottom cake board, but you don't want it going through or it will scratch, break, or allow your cake to slide on mirror, under the weight of...
after having one of my cakes bulge on me i came here and asked for help. the best advice i ever got. put the dam one inch from the edge of the cake, by the time it has settled on its own, it squishes out perfectly to the edge. bless who told that advice. not a bulge since.
oh yes, every cake comes with a direction sheet for cutting and dismantling the tiers, with helpful info like.. please dont try to eat the dowel rods or serve them. you just know someone is gonna try... lol i even have a helpful sheet for the brides, when i do a tasting and the contract is done, they get what i call the miracle sheet. its a list of caterers, florists, venues, churches, with telephone, address, and email. i also have a don't forget me list. it's a list of...
try this next time you practice. make your icing blobs on the cake, But instead of using the spatula, use a spoon. it gives a great curve quality to the petal, and you can make it easier by having a glass of very hot water with a couple spoons in it, pick up a spoon touch the back of it to a paper towel to remove excess water, then you have a very warm spoon that will not only give the petal a smooth look but is hot enough to work with stiffer icings. try it, you will like...
ordered mine a few years ago, I love working with RI and this book is wonderful. Shocked at the price back then, I think paid $90 total. can't remember exactly. I purchased it from a bookstore in England.
this made me tinkle on myself... OMG  too funny
you need to check the galleries on here on CC, there are some fabulous wine bottle cakes on here.
oppss... I just burnt your flag... now go practice those petals..
lets start with the positives, congrats on the wedding.   now the realities... you don't list if you are experienced in cake decorating, so a little advice here. as a bride you have a lot of stress ahead of you, if you haven't done cakes before you may be setting yourself up for a very stressful time. cakes take practice and enough knowledge to prepare, prevent and respond to all cake emergencies and they always pop up in some way or form from making to transporting...