Posts by -K8memphis

i know--it's "here let me put that in the kitchen for you" oh heck no--it's safer in the alley by the smelly dumpster--   i always deliver last minute to a restaurant affair--less than 30 mins before guests arrive when i am sure that someone (responsible and in their party) will be there continuously and i make a big deal about it in advance to the client so they are fully aware to not stress when the cake is not there    that paprika/butt connection will get yah every...

if it was picked up at 1:30 and the event was 'in the evening' --maybe they left it in the car and it softened in the heat--even when it's chilly out--cars heat up a lot inside--then it would only get worse from there...moving it and such...i mean a lot can go wrong in those hours in between--what if they took it straight to the restaurant (just speculating here) and they kept it in a hot kitchen--maybe someone set it in the sun--even if they left it on an enclosed porch...
awesome to reach the pinnacle of cheesecake perfection--no crack-o-la--me, i'm lazy i either cover with a topping or slice it and viola the cracks are icognito--i even saw a thing online somewhere where they spatula over the crack with a little water for a great result too--   but i am writing to add a food safety note--there's a 6 hour window to get the cake cooled down to 41 degrees and for example if it was a wedding cake tier or for a pot luck or something there...
i think we have advanced the cause of cake deco in so many directions from the humblest cupcake on up  hurray for us--and we continue to receive golden opportunity after golden opportunity to enhance/enthuse someone's cake world-- but we really need to sharpen our critiquing skills--here's an easy pictorial guide to take to heart the elements of a successful critique in an effort to reduce/eliminate the other kind--  ​http://www.wikihow.com/Criticize-Constructively  what...
bom, i think maybe you were perhaps anticipating someone coming down on you (in the wrong way) as can happen here far too often but howsweet was not it -- in fact she is right on and you need to consider re-reading her post more straight on, less emotional--she's actually got your back on this.   best to you and best to howsweet as well
i'm doing one of these for hubby's birthday or something soon--it's from her new pretty book "cakes"   http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/chocolate-chip-cookie-icebox-cake.html   i'm sure there's a bride somewhere that will be requesting this before long--peeps--it's gotta 4 hour window of safety to be out of the fridge--so it's possible but handle with care--   ♥ best wishes for the best spring sunday
it is a brilliant design--and so sweet/great of hubby to make this for you--   in my world i just lay a roll of paper towels on the seat topped with a half sheet pan and i'm there plus i retain all the floor board footprint for more falderal--same thing works for me for the back seat but i use full sheet pans--i can deliver many tier cakes at one time in my 4-door saturn sedan--   putting cakes and things in the trunk is no problem because they are shielded from the...
 talk about buzz kill--would make me hafta go back too funny though--
yes