Posts by -K8memphis

did i promise pictures? all i did was my usual 8" 3-d trees and maybe a sleigh or two last year which i have posted before -- i can't find what i said -- what did i promise? but funny you should bring this up -- gingerbread is in the oklahoma state sugar art event this year sept/oct -- which i know oklahoma, u.s.a. is a bit of a journey for you cazza but i was trying to get motivated to finally finish my rialto bridge -- i get it so far then since there's no end game --...
i would just look for a recipe with sour cream unless you want to do testing --
the devil's in the details huh -- you do lovely work and i hope everything works out great for you --
it would need to be wrapped well with plastic wrap so that the fridge does not accelerate the drying out of the cake -- so you need to fridge it for the filling but the fridge works against you 'cause there's no icing to protect the cake from the drying effects of the fridge --   and in your test see what happens if you fill the day before --do a small part of it the day before so you can determine it's longevity -- oh another test for you -- fill a cake and freeze it...
and what is dream topping buttercream? does it have to be refrigerated?
i made my own cake but it was completed in advance and i had someone else deliver it and set it up --   and i have done many family cakes where i'm just spent afterwards -- just have enough energy and brain left to smile at the appropriate times when in conversation -- i hope -- and not fall asleep anywhere-- pretty sure i didn't    can you make one in advance to test this out and do the whole thing-- pack it up in the car and fake 'deliver' it somewhere and set it up...
i don't work a lot with edible images but all i can think of is to trim off 1/4 or 1/8 of an inch in advance so you have enough of the various colors to fix anything-- clip the corners -- something like that --   hey did you put that picture together? print a color strip like you do the uniced portion of your cakes -- just on one side, narrower though -- so you have enough of the right colors on the first go 'round w/o having to print a whole 'nuther one --   take all...
if you have never made a cake like this and from your questions i gather that to be true -- i would not recommend doing it day of your wedding -- i would not recommend a ticky cake like this that might get stale around the exposed edges if not handled properly --   while i totally understand diy and save money --this design and doing it day of by the bride is not the way to go --   how many servings?
sure you can powdered sugar or cornstarch or both -- i'd just add it to sample amount and see how you like it
  nice clean work, james, even with the 'wild' piping which btw good moon landing color -- looks very appetizing from a cake standpoint -- actually crunching down on moon rock idk ;)  -- great nostalgic occasion to celebrate -- you have made an art form out of being able to supply uniced cake servings, efficiently and attractively too-- good stuff!