Posts by -K8memphis

she just wiggled around stopped and started--oh you mean the center? i'd do the center on a nail and slip it on but i didn't see her do the center but how else would you do it--
with the assumption you are baking from home:   my county has a $5,000 (maybe it's $3k but it think it's $5k anyhow) yearly threshold to reach before you need a business license -- so check on that -- most counties have a threshold -- when you get your business license then you are a company liable for local tax --   here i can pay retail sales & use taxes and buy insurance without a business license -- i'd have to file my cake income on federal tax forms (if i had any...
fruit filling really ramps up the degree of difficulty because it has to stay refrigerated unless you use sleeve filling which you just buy at the cake deco store -- but it's squishy and you really don't need the extra stress -- just judging by the list of questions you've asked --    good scratch vanilla cake is one of the hardest to accomplish -- maybe you will just do great with it but many people struggle with making vanilla aka white cake -- what about pound cake is...
i would use styro foam to make the peach colored separations and it looks like they are covered with ribbon or cloth --   yes boards and dowel or sps -- many thanks to chef leah s http://media.cakecentral.com/files/sps_104.pdf   i usually mix my colors-- i bet you can outright purchase those colors from the cake store-- i'd buy a dark coral or terra cotta color dust to brush the insides of the flowers --   i can't remember doing a cake like that with the fondant...
these are ridiculous --   http://lickthebowlgood.blogspot.com/2012/10/a-classic-recipe-with-twist.html   the only problem is it makes 18 so i multiplied it out in parenthesis for you-- this recipe is killer-- be careful to watch carefully and don't overbake -- not because they are ticky it just sounds like you might have overbaked the other ones -- fill all cups the same amount -- but go to her blogand follow her instructions --   1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (2...
thank you, remnant3333 --   bumples be gone! has a harrypotterish merlinear ring to it 
drat on the bumples (I love your word ;) yes there is a cure, more than one --   sand them off with a microplane -- before you make them whirl the rk in a food processor -- this makes a much denser product but smoothy smooth
wait i mean half inch foamcoare ;)
it's piped--just something she developed -- using a real thin rose tip -- maybe banged it on the counter maybe bought it that way
not necessarily an overabundance of work but...