Posts by -K8memphis

the red without the food color cake that i know of is called red devil's food--it's a subtle red from the chemical reaction--but it is a chocolate cake--not a mild choco like rv   http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/red-devils-food-cake/867adb8c-54a3-4f56-88f4-c6e464426412   onehotmess--you have a way with words and i enjoy your posts--the baby seals thing was hysterical!! i was surprised to learn that you had used them too--hahahaha
here's a link:   http://forums.egullet.org/topic/123732-bubbles-under-buttercream-on-iced-cake/   to one thread from 2009 that leads to a thread from 2006--regarding this subject--there's even a picture of an italian meringue iced cake that has had some blowouts--then if you follow through to the 2006 thread i said at that point i had never had a blow out with french nor swiss buttercream but since then i have had them--
val, so if the bakery uses the same recipes and procedures it will continue to happen even if they change decorators--
i don't remember all the details--it fully engaged that side of the icing--the construction wasn't faulty--i think it's happened 2-3 times when the cake was still  here--in fact before that i remember my daughter telling me it happened to a cake i did for her for some event--i told her that that was impossible--hahaha--that did not go over well--so i started poking the smbc ones too--i think it happened on a sculpture before i got the fondant on--   in my experience i...
what am i supposed to say--'oh, you're right it didn't happen after all?'  srsly   how does one construct an icing blow out?   i mean i thought it couldn't happen w/smbc... until mine did--   ?
no she sprays the icing to smooth it-- not spray the cake--it's not my favorite way but it's done--it works--
fwiw-- i have had smbc blow out--i'm glad it's never happened for you, jamie, but i have had blow outs occur with different types of icings and ingredients and with room temperature, chilled, never frozen and frozen cakes, sheet cakes, tier cakes--   what works for me is to poke a discreet hole in each layer through the icing into each cake layer in an un-obvious place -- and keep the hole open so that air can continually escape--i've never figured out why but that works...
you guys are so silly--prada and coach do not open stores in hickville      the median income in yuma az, jamie is $41K -- hold that thought for a second   we had a resident from central missouri on here recently where their city was the county seat and hub of the area for hundreds of miles around --the median income was seriously less than half that of yuma's--prada and coach stores be damned this area in mo didn't even have a starbucks within an hours drive...
yes that is what i meant-- the pan, the parchment, the batter, done--   i have a friend who squishes waxed paper around to perfectly fit into the cake pan and bakes her cakes like that--never washed the pans-- she's brilliant--   tons of ways to do this--   you said it cracked coming out of the pan though--before flipping you could lay a cardboard circle on top of the cake that fits within the sides of the pan  to keep the cake from flexing--gotta flip it over fast...