Posts by CakesUnleashed

I've got a feeling that Frank sent out a generic letter to all of us that didn't make it. Here's mine:Hey Deborah, Sooooo very sorry for being MIA. I got pulled from the cake show and had to help out on Shear Genius. Just got the final cast list today and, alas, you were not on it. Don't fret. They have you listed on Season II, if all goes well with the ratings. From my experience, it's often better to get in on Season II when all the creaks are worked out. You were...
I agree!!
N-O-T A W-O-R-D!! Darn! I am getting sooooooooo discouraged.I hope that they let us know, one way or another, ya know??
Any news?!?!?!
Not a darn thing!
You are soooooooo funny!!! Thanks for making me laugh!!!
Okay, here's the email I just sent her back with the contract attached:Hi Kristen, It all sounds so exciting! Yes! I totally get the whole idea of ditching the "enchanted" idea and just going with forest. I love it! I agree, a combination of twigs, leaves, flowers, fern, etc. Sweeeeet! I can just picture it now. Are you still going to be getting your own cake topper?I really have a great vision of a mountain bike cake for your hubby. I can make it a forest mountain...
Now see, this is EXACTLY why I love Cake Central sooooooooo much. All of you had FABULOUS ideas, points, directions and encouragement. All of which I will take into consideration. Basically, I am going to let her know that I fully understand what she is looking for and will go from there. The less she tells me -- the more creative power and upper-hand I have! So, here's what I plan on quoting her (she can take it or leave it):$600 For the decorated cupcake tower$200...
Last weekend, I had a cake tasting with a bride and groom and it was a very weird experience:Originally, when the bride and I spoke on the phone a few months ago, we spent a good part of 20 minutes chatting about cake ideas that would compliment and incorporate the Enchanted Forest Wedding theme. So, I was very excited to do this cake.After our telephone conversation, I sent her sketches, vivid written descriptions, etc., via email and we conversed from there and she was...
Wow! Thank you so much! I appreciate the kind words.For the barrel:I carved several stacked cakes into a 1/2 barrel cake (remember this was to scale!! BIG!). Then I cut slates out of fondant. I use a pizza cutter and a knife to rough it up a bit to look like wood then I take brown icing coloring mixed with a bit of vodka and paint it onto the slates as a stain. Once it is dry to the touch, I attach to the side of the cake and band together with a black strip of...