Posts by getfrosted

The swirl is probably done with a 1A (large round).
www.caketop.cawww.creativecutters.cawww.goldaskitchen.comwww.mccalls-cakes.com
Yes - you can decorate and colour it! If you are doing a lot of piping have two icing bags going at the same time because it tends to melt if you have hot hands. You can refrigerate briefly to chill the bags but don't forget about them or they will become rock hard like cold butter.HTH
Yes - you can decorate and colour it! If you are doing a lot of piping have two icing bags going at the same time because it tends to melt if you have hot hands. You can refrigerate briefly to chill the bags but don't forget about them or they will become rock hard like cold butter.HTH
www.qzina.com
Don't under-cut your cost ... that is a TON of work! I've done 150 at once and I thought I was going crazy. Minimum I charge is $3.00 each for that size (including bags and ribbon).
It's just a regular cake that you split the layers? If it is, then I wouldn't board and dowel it. This is how I do all of my cakes - they are torted to 4 layers with 3 layers of filling and end up about 5" high. Just chill the cake before delivery so the icing is solid.
Definitely take it apart and put a board and dowels in the centre. Better to be safe than sorry.
I'm right with you! I still love to design, research and book cakes, but when it comes down to actually executing them .... the motivation is gone completely. I'm not happy with any of the cakes of been doing lately because I know that I could have done them better. I'm hoping now that the wedding crazy season is almost at an end for me that I will have some time to refocus and re-energize.
I'm in Canada and don't get any of this stuff! It drives me nuts hearing about coffee creamer flavours and now Kisses that I didn't know existed ... sounds like a trip of cross-border shopping may be in order before the Christmas season is upon us. lol