Posts by mookey

ive seen a bunch of pictures and heard a lot on this site about the wilton cake decorating classes. what exactly are they and how do i find out more about them?(like where would i find a class in my area and how much the course costs? thanks!
hi! just so youll know when they say this site is addictive they werent kidding. i dont have a buisness or anything but i am new to the site also and thought i would say hi! this is the greatest site ever and everyone is so helpful and nice! good luck with your buisness!
thanks so much to everyone for the help. talk about moral support. most of you make it look so easy(i am soo envious) i appreciate the help, and quadcerw thanks for the advice about the condensation and the fridge(i wont be doing that again) thank goodness it was just a practice cake before the baby shower in september so i have a lot more time to make many more. i only hope that my cake turns out half as beautiful as the ones ive seen on this site. well i plan to make...
okay another update. Disaster cake. i had stored the cake in the fridge, where it had been overnight, i took the cake on a 10 minute drive to my grandparents where we were having the reunion. by the time we had gotten to the house my entire cake had basically melted, we're talking buttons falling off left and right. There was a great big hole in the side of the cake where everything had just melted off. i had the air on in the car and it was ony a ten minute drive, should...
ok. update. i made a practice cake to take to a family reunion tomorrow. it could be listed in one of those cake diaster forums. the fondant was great and easy to make but how do you keep it from folding at the bottom and cracking, and how do you get it to be smooth? any tips on this one? my other problem(the only thing i wasnt worried about) was the cake itself fell apart while i was trying to place it one the top of the other. but all in all it was ok i remade the cake...
this is the best website. i love all the pictures and reading the forums. and i especially love getting these tips! thanks to all of the experienced people for passing all of you wonderful knowledge to us "newbies"! mentor us oh great ones!
i sell pampered chef and i know you can bake and freeze in them just wanted to let you know dont put the hot bowl into the freezer, the bowls are pretty hardy but you could still run the risk of cracking it with drastic temperature changes. but other than that youll be fine. as for the the temp im not sure i always just tested mine with the pampered chef cake testers. im glad that you enjoy pampered chef. have fun baking!
thanks i am really needing the encouragement and am very exited to try it. thanks for the advice! it helps me to know that its not too terribly difficult. i when we found our cake and decided on it, i started getting worried(ive read about some of the cake disasters). i just hope it turns out well enough to post a pic of my own on the site.lol. thanks again!
id like to start by saying that this is the most addictive website. I need some help. My friend, Brandy, and I are going to be throwing a baby shower for another friend in september. I am going to be making the cake. I love cake decorating but my only experience is birthday cakes for my kids' birthdays(they turned out really well, though). I have decided(thanks to this wonderful website) to do a cake with mmf. as I am not really familiar with mmf and have never used it...