Posts by mookey

lol. thanks. as im still new at this im not up on a lot of the ettiqute.lol. i like the idea of doing the elegant+superman. but i may also make 2 cakes.i just want it to be perfect. he is my cousin after all. i just know ive seen the pics of the mutiple cakes where each onne is one a tier at a different level, i thought that was pretty too. with the two cakes i was wanting to do a stages of life thing, like the superman would be the "before amrriage" and the elegant would...
i made my first really pretty(a little lopsided. lol) cake for the 4th of july, turned out great.(i just posted it yesterday, and im so proud.pic doesnt do it justice.(1st fondant cake)lol) my aunt was so impressed she wants me to make a cake for my cousins wedding in december. she wants a superman cake, and i can do that w a bct. but i also thought it would be nice to make an elegant cake as well. is there a rule about the grooms cake and can you have more than one, or is...
im a stay at home mom. i do everything around the house. my dh works full time(with lots of overtime)just to keep us financially stable. we dont have a lot of money and i sell pampered chef part time to help out, but as far as house work is concerned and managing the kids. it is all me. i make sure they have baths, take them to doctors apptments, bday parties. ect.i love every minute of it. my dh keep the lawn up and brings home the money. now dont get wrong he does hep...
thanks everybody i wasnt sure. i love mmf but didnt understand why everyone was saying fondant tasted badly. thanks again!!!!!
im still new myself, but marshmallow fondant(mmf) is what ive been using. i got the recipe from here. so simple to make. ive made it twice and the fondant was the easiest part (it was the rest of the cake that gave me the trouble. lol) it gives you cake an extra smooth finish to it. you shoud do a search on fondant and look at the gallery of photos that people have posted. theyre absolutly gorgeous.!!the recipe i used was easy marshmallow fondant under the recipes section...
Thanks for the deciphering the lingo for me. I guess that would make sense. And makes me understand a lot of the conversations better. lol.
what does fbct stand for? sorry im new. im still learning the lingo. what does dh stand for too? ive seen that one also.
i have heard a lot of topics talking about fondant and how nasty it is and then hear people talking about mmf and how yummy it is. ive made two cakes with mmf and they tasted good, i used a buttercream crumb coat on both. i am very new to this site(but am addicted to it) and new to cake decorating, until i found cc i had only ever used buttercream, but thanks to this site im now addicted to mmf. so what is the difference between mmf and fondant why do they taste so...
i made the fathers day cake and it turned out great looks great(other than one side that is a little lumpy from the cake) MMF is my new favorite thing!!! i cant stop making cakes now! im obsessed. thanks evryone for your support i am so addicted to this site and feel like i have a little "cake" family now. i cant wait until i get some of my own pics to post! and get to know evryone a little better. thanks again!!!
thanks everybody! i have a michaels and a joanns in my area. i called michaels and plan on taking Wilton course 1 in august! thanks for the advice!!!!!!!