Posts by mookey

penny sue, that is one of the funniest stories i have ever heard! now youll have to live it down on this site too. i will always remember you by that story.lol
i know this is completely aside from everything, and btw the cake is awsome!!!!! i have been keeping up with this post case i wanted to see the end result but am at a loss for why twinsline left ? im new... i am not trying to be rude, but its like a story that im jst not getting all the pages to. and its complete and horrible curiosity. if you dont answer i will understand.........
i understand this doggy dellima(sp?). i have a bassett hound, named satchel. he is a known counter cruiser. i posted a story recently under whats youre funniest cake story, but i though with the doggy talk id mention it here as well....i was baking a practice cake(i had my first order cake that week) and my hubby accidentally let the dog in when he got home from work. apparently basset hounds go nuts for cake, especially the cakes that have just been decorated. well i was...
these are great keep em coming!
lol. thanks. i wasnt trying to be....i was very upset when it happened, but the way that it happened there was no way i could keep from laughing at myslef....poor dh he was rushing to my side though......lol
i would definaltly have said something to the bride or groom, and let them know that you would hate to see the wedding not run as smoothly as possible and that you would definatly reccomend that someone watch the "little angels" around the cake. and as for the lady touching it, you should have said in the most polite was as possible that the cake is not a petri dish for her germs and that she should wait for her own piece of cake if she wanted to poke it....you have a lot...
I have never made the MMF either and wondered if you could add flavoring to it to? Would this change the consistency of it? i have always added about a tsp of vanilla to mine and never had any problems with it. i love mmf because it is so easy to make and to work with, i have heard some complaints about it being to sweet, but who ever heard of something being too sweet.....lol. i think it tastes great and love to use it i am still a newbiw myself and have just done my...
thanks its much appreciated!!!
i know a lot of people say you cant freeze mmf or fondant, but i have always been able to freeze mine and never had a problem....im still new at this but i seriously havent had any problems, it still tasted fine and everything... i just wrap it in saran wrap then put it in a baggie.... i cant imagine why you wouldnt be able to freeze it......
i always just make the standard batch and color it after i do everything depending on how much im doing with each color. and fondant freezes well, so you dont have to waste any. im still new too so a lot of other people know a lot more than me, but i hope that helps....