Posts by mookey

I like "brown sugar" too... maybe brown sugar bakery instead of cakery or confections, i think it rolls off your tounge better. but i love the name brown sugar definatly keep that one! yummy!
ok.... i now know that, other than fellow cc members, everyone else is insane....some of these threads that have been coming up lately.... its like all the crazy people are coming out of the woodworks.... maybe i should stay indoors until its safe to return to normal life.lol
This lady is nuts! i am glad that you wrote to her and tried to explain everything to her. i cant believe she came back with that kind of response. ill bet she did end up having to go to sams and realized that she couldnt get a cake from anyone who had read that email-because noone wanted to do buisness with her. i feel sorry for the people she did get the cake from.....
lol. i think it would definatly be cute and very funny, but who would really want to eat...uhh... "colored ooze".. no matter how yummy the recipe? i dont think i could bring myself to eat it .lol.
i started out with about the same. an i also have been hitting everyone up with my wishlist of goodies.lol. something that hasnt been mentioned and is cheap; cake boxes and boards. i think these are the greatest. this way when you take youre nicely decorated cakes to family functions and what not, your cakes look professional(sp?). they help keep you from having to remember to get back cake trays/stands and save you messy cleanup too...they are realitivly inexpensive, and...
this place is more addictive than drugs. you get "sucked in" and before you know it your whole world is revolving around cakes. you do nothing but talk about cakes. your friends think youre insane...(after all its just a cake) but what do they know. and you know youve officially become insane when youve made so many cakes for people you bring them a new one before theyve finished the old one. or they tell you that they couldnt eat another bite of cake if ther life depended...
same in alabama. dont do it! if you are still thinking about it read some of the threads about the bridzillas. lol.
Thank you! i am quite excited! and im sure that since you guys got me into this ill be turning to all of you with tons of questions.lol
i always admired the really pretty cakes and wondered how people did it.lol. i happened upon this site a few months ago and got "sucked in".lol now im addicted. i have been decorating cakes galore since then. i make cakes for family and freinds and 3 weeks ago got a call from my friend (who i had made a cake for her to take for one of her coworkers-got the idea for it from here she said it was a huge success and had 4-5 people asking if i had cards. i had my first order...
i dont think anything is better that the "original" buttercream. or mmf. i love both.