Posts by rsaun

I have a friend who does taxes and gave me some great free tax advice regarding filing for my business this first time. I want to send him something (he's out of town), so I was thinking cookies or a small cake. Anyone have any cute cookie or cake ideas for the tax man?
I am doing a wedding cake in May for a reduced price (long story). While it is a very simple cake, I don't mind doing it for the price I've agreed to. The problem is that I'd love to have it on a cake plateau, one of the pretty silver ones, but I do not have one, and am CERTAINLY not dropping the $100.00-ish for ones that I've seen on line.Does anyone in the Columbus area know where I can rent one? Does anyone in the Columbus area have one I can rent from them...
Well, all's well that ends well...I didn't get the job, because I wouldn't come down to her "final" offer of $1.00 per serving. I am glad I passed it up...I'm afraid the bride might be of the "Bridezilla" sort. Anyway, the wedding coordinator emailed me and said a "family" friend would do it for free. That was fine with me...but I was a might disappointed to not get to do the cake.Anyway, today, I got an email from a woman who was REFERRED to me by the wedding...
Update: well, I went back to the surgeon, who said my carpal tunnel was rather severe, and he recommended surgery, so I will be having surgery on Tuesday. Had to cancel all of my cake/cookie orders through March 1st, per doctor's orders, but I already have two new orders from those same customers whose orders I canceled...so no permanent damage done.I'll let you know how it goes!
I recently did a small wedding cake with a 10" round, 8" round and 6" round tier. You can see it in my gallery. Anyway, it fed about 40 people. Take into consideration whether or not the bride wants to keep the top tier for the 1st anniversary.
I just found out my SIL who lives in Berlin is expecting her first baby. I'd love to surprise her with one of my cakes, but since I obviously can't send her one from Ohio to Berlin, I was wondering if I could "hire" a fellow CCer in Berlin to do it for me. I have a picture of what I'd love to send her that I will share if someone can do it or point me in the right direction.Thanks!
I may do some pretty fancy ones, but those are the ones I sell. If they're for us or for family, they get sprinkles, too. Nothing wrong with that and they still taste great.
Stefy: I am going to PM you so this doesn't get out of hand...
Recently someone asked a question and felt that the responses got nasty. The thread was locked, so I didn't get a response in before then, but I wanted to say something...One of the problems with written communication like this is that SO MUCH gets lost in translation -- we have no body language, voice intonation, etc. to observe along with the written words, so things can come across as more harsh than intended. We should really think through what we say and how it...
I've had a bunch, too. I've done 7 cakes and 26 dozen cookies. I'm done, though, and actually "whooped" with delight when the final cookie (#312).