Posts by rsaun

You could make some ginormous whoopie pies with those!  :)   I hate when stuff like that happens.  Good luck!
Thanks!  In the past, my husband used to worry that I was a doormat.  NO MORE!  :)
She just let me know she just can't afford it...I'm so sorry to hear this, but this makes me glad I stuck to my guns.  I worry that what may have happened is that cake day arrived and she didn't have enough for the balance so she would have not picked it up.  :(
And the drama continues.    I sent her an invoice.  I ALWAYS send invoices by email.  She said my attachment "made her phone and her computer crash" and she can't pull it up.  I ask people to print them off, write in any corrections, sign the bottom (the "contract" portion) and return it to me with payment.  She said she can't print it til Monday and since she only has til Thursday to do so (because I have someone else waiting til then to see if I have a slot open...
Thanks, everyone.  I thought I was reasonable, and she is the first person to ever complain/question my policies.  After all, she wants her cake in 11 days!  I do have customer testimonials and comments on my Facebook page (which is how she found me), so I don't know why she is worried.  I wonder if it's that she can't afford it, and wants to split the payments.  I understand but I can't afford to NOT take her payment and have her balk and run and be stuck with a cake I...
I am in Ohio and am a Cottage Food business.  When I first started out six years ago, I would let people pay me when they picked up their cakes (most customers were friends), then I started asking for deposits (to cover materials/supplies I needed to purchase).  I let customers pay me by checks without worrying about it.  Over the years, my policies have changed, mostly because people have screwed me over.  One customer ordered a basket cake filled with fresh berries --...
Even if she DID think you were in Kansas, wouldn't she want to know WHERE in Kansas?  It's a big state.  :)
Okay, my very best friend in the whole world is getting ready to have her first baby and I'm so excited to do her baby shower cake. She's given me carte blanche regarding the cake. Would you share with me your very favorite baby shower cakes to give me inspiration? I want to really wow her!Thanks!P.S. She's having a boy and loves zebras!
Okay, my very best friend in the whole world is getting ready to have her first baby and I'm so excited to do her baby shower cake. She's given me carte blanche regarding the cake. Would you share with me your very favorite baby shower cakes to give me inspiration? I want to really wow her!Thanks!P.S. She's having a boy and loves zebras!
Kimzie,I can't answer this for you, but I was just going to post the same question... I can't wait for an answer!