Posts by rsaun

Great idea about sending them a few extra.  I have another order coming up here in a couple weeks for cookies and I'll do that!   I always purchase insurance, telling the postal clerk the value (the amount I charged).  I've never had to make a claim so I'm not sure...
That's why DH is FIRED as my assistant!    I would feel responsible even if it was insured...I promised, she didn't get!  But...at least the responsibility would be shared with the post office.  It's a stinker of a situation and I never want to have it happen again.  Fortunately, I never "pay" myself until the order is delivered, so I had the money to refund her.  It's not the $$...it's that my customer got a less-than-satisfactory experience from me.  I KNOW I feel...
Unfortunately, it wasn't insured.  I sent hubby to the post office for me while I finished another order and he didn't do it.  Ugh!  All the times I insure a package and never need it and this time we didn't.    Doh!   No matter what happened, I felt responsible.  She even emphasized to me she could tell that it wasn't anything I did...that it was well-packed, etc.  I feel better that she feels fine about it, but stuff like this makes me want to hide out for a while and...
I totally agree with you denetteb.  That's what I offered...a full refund plus her postage costs, but she kept saying that's not what she wants and she would feel bad about ordering from me in the future if I sent her all her $$ back.  It's a difficult situation...I don't offer a "money back guarantee" in those terms but I always ask for feedback so I can make any problem right.  This is the first time I've had to "make something right."  I had also offered to redo the...
She sent me pics...they really do look like they were crushed.  Ugh.  So upsetting!
I did end up talking to her.  She said basically the same thing as CWR41...that I still did the work and they will eat the broken ones...so she just asked for 1/2 of her money for cookies and 1/2 of the postage back.  I gave that to her with a voucher for one dozen cookies free with any other order she places.  She was great about it once we finally talked.  I just feel like crap!
I have been shipping out cookies for several years.  I have the way I prepare, package, and wrap them down to a science.  One time I had 1 cookie break in transit, and since then, I always include an extra for each dozen.  This week has been TREMENDOUSLY hot and humid.  I shipped out Monday, and got word today that 2/3 of the cookies were broken, cracked, a mess.  I am heartbroken.  This person is a childhood acquaintance and first-time customer who ordered these back in...
I am so glad to read all of your answers.  I always ask for a specific date/time for their response, and when I do so, I feel "pushy."  In fact, the mom that was at the center of this issue told me she felt "rushed."  I will keep doing this, then, knowing it's okay (see, I'm just a girl who needs reassurance :) )!
Even if someone uses your design, it's still their "work" that's involved -- their time, supplies, materials, etc.  It's okay for them to get attention for their work.  Plus, if they merged two different designs into one cake, they used some "creative expression" of their own that wasn't 100% yours.   I'm sure you're frustrated because someone's getting credit for your design, but I doubt the "ooh"-ers and "aaah"-ers were that excited about the design per se, and...