Posts by rsaun

What are your policies when it comes to holding a date for someone or a deadline for a deposit?   Currently, if someone makes an inquiry on a cake and we make an agreement as to date, design and price, I prepare an order form/invoice/contract and send it to them.  I "pencil" them in to my calendar for that date and give them 2 weeks to get me a deposit (or payment if the cake is less than $50).  I send them a reminder email a few days before the 2 weeks is up, and...
LOL!
Me, too!!!!
I "thought" I checked the date.  I keep my dates in my google calendar.  When I clicked on the date, it showed a full week rather than that day.  I zeroed in on Saturday and saw it had an opening.  Unfortunately, I didn't realize until a few minutes later that it was August 10 I saw and not August 17.  At any rate, that is the first thing I usually check and this time it bit me in the butt! 
Thanks for the clarification! 
I agree.  She contacted me on July 5 for a cake for August 17.  I guess six weeks isn't unreasonable but it's a summer Saturday and those are busy! 
I didn't really tell her yes.  We discussed the cake via chat and within a few minutes of thinking I had the date open, I realized I didn't and told her that.  She didn't even get off her computer in the time she thought it was a "yes" when it's a "no."  I understand her frustration...and apologized and offered a different date in the original conversation.  She said no, because she had already booked the park, left the conversation and now a week later asked for a...
I had a woman contact me on July 5 about a cake for her daughter's birthday.  I was on line when she messaged me, so it started a "chat."  She asked if she could work with me for a baby doll cake.  I sent her some pics as ideas that we could work with, and she chose one she liked.  Then I asked her for her party date to be sure I was available.  She told me her date, and I clicked on it on my google calendar, and it looked fine.  We continued the chat and I quoted her a...
My first complaint came when I had a customer who ordered her own baby shower cake.  She kept telling me how much she liked my butter cream icing and kept saying that so many people don't put enough on.  So, stupidly, I thought I'd "surprise" her with putting a little extra on her cake (I'm talking another 1/16" in thickness, not an entire batch on the cake).  Anyway, the next day, I was excited to hear what she thought.  She said, "Um...it was good, but there was WAY...