Posts by nicoles-a-tryin

Well serving size is 200-250 people...There is about 450 people at the wedding...and there is a sweet table too.....So they wanted the cake for half the people...I was just thinking I could do an extra slab...to cut in the back..This is not the main dessert. Just extra for later. There is already dessert being served with the meal.But they are keeping the top layer....If anyone has the new Martha Wedding mag....It is on page 88.So it is squared and corners cut off....It...
Thank you very much...I will look if they have those stores in Detroit. Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it!!!
Hello..I was goin to do a wedding cake .....16 inch on the bottom and middle 12 inch and then 8 inches....on top.Is a 16 inch too big? too big to bake in my oven and will it look funny? should I ask her to make it smaller...like 6,10,14?NOt sure...and you guys are the masters!! This is only my 2nd wedding cake...Thank you!
Does anyone have a recipe for no wheat or gluten? please...This allergy seems to be really spreading ...yikes.thank you! Nicole
So indydebi -It should still work though?Thank you everyone...Kinda frecking out here..I always use full eggs..I just follow the box. Thanks!
Hello.....I am baking 3 cakes right now....And I am using the Betty Crocker white cake mix...From Target. I noticed it said' egg whites'...but I did add the whole egg...I wasn't sure what it would come out like with just the whites.....It said on the box...(whole egg) on the bottom...so, I figured it would be good.Now they are in the oven....and taking forever!!!! Doesn't seem to be hardning...Baking, I guess you would say.So....Did I do something wrong????????? Has anyone...
NO I didn't get a photo of it...Cause I noticed 2 mins before she walked in the door.I fill mine with the buttercream...or at least that one was....I used a tip 1A to fill it....around in circles. Does anyone else do that?That is what I learned in the Wilton class....The only thing I could think of...is that I didn't spread it out....and maybe there was a air pocket between the icing strips....I still feel horrible!!! I hope they didn't HATE the cake...
This isn't my picture....Mine was MUCH WORST!!! and the bubble was huge and came right out from the cake....about an inch.I use buttercream....I do put a pin in...to drain out the air...But I don't want this to happen again...And I can't believe it has been 3 times..Thanks,Nicole
And when you touch it...It is a huge Air bubble...It moves!!!! I pop it ...but didn't have time today...
This first is not my picture....I got it from Wilton..it is hpjmom.But....this just happened to me 1 min ago......I couldn't fix it either...Thank goodness it was a freebee cake (for my puppy's groomer)But......I iced the cake last night..no problem...i should of looked today..But didn't until right before she came...I do not freeze my cakes and I don't use that new 'no trans fat' shortning...HELP!!!! Anyone seen this? How do I prevent this...This is the 3th time it has...