Posts by nicoles-a-tryin

Yes....Actually this is a technique you learn in the first Wilton course....Not sure if you can find out about it on their site.But really....you just trace it ...and then flip over on your cake...I think it is more of an outlining...then to do a whole picture.Piping Gel comes in a little tub...to be honest...I haven't ever used mine since the class.There is a really great tutorial on here for a frozen buttercream transfer...You may want to look that up...Probably easier...
OH Thank you very much!! Gives me a great visual...Plus...Your cake is beauitful!! Fabulous job!! Did you just use your hands Carson...to lift up the fondant? or did you use a tool or some sort?
OH Thank you very much!! Gives me a great visual...Plus...Your cake is beauitful!! Fabulous job!!
No problem.....I ask tons of questions for everything..hehe.I put it on too....on a board(well the belly...the top I didn't) Then I kinda tried to measure across the belly....with a ruler...and then i rolled out the fondant and tried to go by that....I had my husband there to help me put on the cake....then I trimmed the acess off ....while he held it up...so, it didnt' touch the cake.I didn't put dowells either.But if you feel more comfortable putting the dress on before...
MIne is on a sheet cake...well a 9x13 really. And just the same..
Sorry....no tutorial on it..But I have done one...and I used 2 wonder molds (mini) for the top and the soccer ball for the belly....You can use the sports ball one too...Think that would be better..and i just draped the fondant over....If you have any questions let me know..mine is in my pictures...Thanks, Nicole
NOpe....I can' t see anything wrong with it at all....Looks great!fabulous job!Was there skewers or anything running through the cake to hold it all together?
OH ..perfect timing..I am just waiting right now...I had a request for a pink strawberry cake...so used the DH. I am just waiting right now for some to come out of the oven....and noticed one...a 9x13 sunk in the middle....Horrible..That hasn't happened to me before...Hubby usually eats the tops of the cakes...He isn't goin to like that he won't get as much cake now..heheI always use the Betty crocker...NO problems...
I use the DH one too...LOVE it ...and use it all the time. I just add an extra egg.I have noticed that once....(in my pictures...of the twins..you can tell..the red)I haven't heard of the vinegar...great to know. I just find..i use more icing.It is such a pretty cake...dont give up.
Don't worry...you will get the hang of them....and really they aren't that bad. i love them..and actually that is mostly all of my cakes...For the duck and the train..you are right...they go on their sides...I use a half white mix and a pound cake mix....put an extra egg in too...and sometimes I add pudding. And REALLy fill it to the rim of the pan...to the point that you think you can't add anymore. Then put top on ...and secure with a tight rope or string.With the...