Posts by darkchocolate

Thank you, Jason!  Would the substitutions be equal amounts? For instance, if the recipe called for 1 tsp. baking soda, I would use 1/2 tsp. each of baking soda and baking powder?
Do you use baking powder or baking soda when using the Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa? I know (from what I have read) that Dutch Cocoa doesn't react with baking soda, so most all recipes use baking powder.  I just bought some Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa and now I am not sure which leavening agent to use, since it is a combination of regular and Dutch cocoa. Thanks for any help/insight anyone can give me.
I add an extra 1/3 cup of flour, but I leave the other ingredients the same.  My recipes are recipes that are "doctored" so to speak, so the other ingredients aren't actually what is on the box.
I will share with you two recipes that do not spread and taste great, especially the chocolate recipe.  I have pictures of my cookies if you look at my profile.  The Vanilla Variation LilaLoa-  I use almond and vanilla extract http://www.lilaloa.com/2012/04/vanilla-variation.html 1 cup butter or 2 sticks               (1 stick for half batch)  1 1/2 cups sugar                           (3/4 C for half batch)2 eggs                                             (1 egg for half...
I saw this on Pintrest and was wondering what your thoughts and creative ideas would be.  What designs or uses can you think of?   I was thinking the onesie could be used for a jersey or shirt, but I have no idea what to do with the flower or fire truck.  
I use only almond extract when I make this recipe.  I also love the way the Bright White makes the icing a nice white color.  Please use it for the best results.
I love this recipe. You can always cut the recipe in half to try it.  I have pictures of my cookies posted using this recipe.     http://www.cookiecrazie.com/search/label/Glaze%20Icing    
Thank you!
 So would I use the Electric green for the green in Barney?  Or do you have another suggestion?
Thank you so much!