Posts by Lueet

I am making a cake for my friend's husband's graduation next weekend in the theme of his favorite movie, "The Big Lebowski" (which is also MY favorite movie, so this is my dream cake project!). If you haven't seen it, one of the most prominent associations with the movie is the "white russian" mixed drink, which is vodka, kahlua (or other coffee-flavored liquer) and cream. This would make for a great cake flavor or filling, but here's the catch... the grad is a recovered...
I love Penny's recipe. It's not too sweet, but tastes perfect paired with the marshmallow rolled buttercream recipe here!
That is helpful to know, thanks! Their "specialty" desserts look pdeliciously evil too. Oh, decisions decisions...
Our extended family is hitting Disney World in October and will be celebrating 4 birthdays while we are there. I am not going to try to bake, but want to order some cake(s) while we're there. The people on the Disney boards rave about Publix, but obviously they are not "cake people." Are they actually decent grocery store cakes? (I did live in FL in college and know that Publix makes a helluva sub sandwich, but I have not had their cake.)They offer mini wedding cakes (6"...
I have been asked for a quote on a Wii-shaped cake, which is to be just a a showpiece, along with either sheet cakes or cupcakes for 90 people. I've decided to do the Wii in RKT. It's a simple shape in terms of the actual sculpting, and minimal materials to make RKT, so I'm trying to decide how to price. Would you charge as much as if you were using actual cake? I normally just quote roughly 3X my cost, but for a sculpted piece that doesn't work as well due to the extra...
OMG! Thank you Kelley, YOU are awesome for rallying the troops on this! I hope you are SO proud of your hard work.
I don't read the forums often but just happened to run across this thread... OMG Kelley, what awesome news! I am in RR and just sent an email to Rep. Gattis. Thank you so much for your help in moving this forward!!
I also just add oreos to buttercream -- really tastes like the cookie filling!
Hands down, the Chocolate Syrup recipe on this site. It is SO good and rich! I refer to it as the "better-than-sex frosting" to my friends, hehe. It pipes well, too.
Which cake mix do you start from? I've used devil's food, swiss chocolate, and dark chocolate fudge, but it was so long in between when I made them that I forgot which I liked best!