Posts by skylightsky

I favor cake dummies while learning.I'm learning. I bake. I don't decorate as well. For the really creative cakes, the topsy turvy, turkish, top heavy bottom light and little cakes... the cake dummies just beg to be used.I don't even bother to put plastic wrap on them. I soak them and put them in the dish washer. I've even put some in the washing machine with my silpat and rubbermaid silicon gloves. When out, I mark the dummies with a big fat X on the bottom so I...
Hi...First, I am NOOOO expert... so take my statements with little regard... but I answer as no one else is posting...For me? I make three individual cakes. I use Fondant rather than buttercream. The cake is doweled just as if I were stacking a round cake.The bottom of each of my boxes is foam core. Don't tell anyone, but when I can, I actually use the thinnest wood possible. I cover the wood in contact paper. I also use pvc which has been scrubbed, boiled, and...
Hi... I googled the word "cake jack" and came up empty.What's a cake jack? Have any weblinks?Visuals?thanks
HI.I have the old wilton piano cake pan and accessories. Yes it has legs.You probably can find a photo of it in some online file somewhere.Goodluck and contact me if you need anything.
Ahhh,Someone intelligent just reminded me.add red or touch of burgundy
Okay...So if I take Royal Blue icing and add a pinch of purple. I think I will try delphinium blue with sky blueand royal blue with violet. Then flip the choices again. I don't think the colors will produce the richness this person intends. Sort of like paint from the paint store... sometimes the color desired is sooo rich, the premium paints have to be used because they have special pigment in them. Also... didn't Wilton make some neon icings? I don't want neon...
Okay,So I have searched the internet to find the right color combination recipe to create INDIGO blue.For pete's sakes I really have a hard time identifying indigo... it isn't navy, it isn't cobalt. It isn't sky... it is a deep rich purple kind of blue maybe?...I'm not the one who picked this color. But I do need to make some icing of this color. Any words of wisdom would be most appreciated.I added an attachment of an Indigo Blue ice cave... just to give an idea of...
More information about Mass.It describes what is necessary to establisha food business in Massachusetts.http://www.cityofboston.gov/isd/pdfs/fsapp.pdf
Okay, this is more of a chocolate question maybe, but here it goes..Where might I acquire a can of COLD SPRAY to keep the chocolate together as they do on those food challenges?And also, wouldn't cold spray work to hold two HARD Poured Sugar molds togther?
Comments on rolled buttercream?I didn't even know there was such a thing... looked up some recipes on the web by googling the words rolled buttercream... was amazed..Anyway.. just curious if anyone has ever added a bit of cream cheese to it? Kind of a mixture between buttercream and cream cheese frosting?Success with rolled buttercream? If so... photos? Kinda curious.Thanks.