Posts by CakeTopper

One trick I learned for the black icing in a FBCT is to use canned chocolate icing which you then dye black - it seems to be the perfect consistency to prevent sticking. I never use canned icing except for outling in FBCTs and I've never had issues with the black sticking. I think I learned this in an old thread here on CC.
Cute, cute, cute!! Very nicely done.Don't you just love making SpongeBob? He is so silly it just makes you smile . . . and the kids love you for making the cake!
Someone just posted this cake that looks like it was based on the same invite!http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-1416608.html
Someone just posted this cake that looks like it was based on the same invite!http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-1416608.html
I agree with hails. I always knead in color paste whether I'm using mmf or store bought fondant. I've never had any issues.
My favorite is the cookies and cream filling from WBH. Easy to make and so good!
If my fondant is soft, I some times add a little W i l t o n Gum Tex when making figures. You should be able to find that at Michael's, AC Moore, etc. A little is all you need.
I have the black and red sugar gun and absolutely love it. I typically use good ol' humble Wilton fondant when making my little characters. I've never had to add shortening as it is the perfect consistency - at least for my uses ; )
I wonder if you could make the stripes using rolled buttercream?? I've never worked with it before but I think you could roll it out and cut it in strips. The only other suggestion I have is to get yourself a large petal tip and apply the stripes using that.Regarding the logo, could you do a chocolate transfer? That might be a bit easier to work with than an fbct and you could apply it to the hat itself. However, if it is a large logo, the chocolate transfer might look...
How about staring with a chalk outline of the murder victim? Maybe place clues around the cake such as possible murder weapon, footprints, etc. Perhaps then have some suspects lurking about. Do you have the game "Clue"? Maybe get some ideas from that.Sorry this is not very helpful but at least this will give you a bump.