Posts by AgentCakeBaker

Ok so I'm not too far off from you charge. I charge the following:$2/serving for buttercream$3.50/serving for fondant$25 delivery and setup for the first half hour...since I live in the metro Atlanta area I charge $10 per additional half hour that I have travelMy problem was I didn't look closely at the picture to see that there were 8 tiers for the cake she chose. Her guest count is 150 but the 8 tiered cake served 280 and I only charged her for the guest count and...
I think my undercharging comes from both an error on my part as well as nervousness. In this case, I undercharged by way too much. Usually it's under $100 which I think that has to do with the fact that I need to charge more per serving.I will speak with the client and let them know that based on the design they chose and #of servings needed, I made an error in my calculation.Thanks for the advice. Both of you have been very helpful!!
Thanks for the advice. It truly helps!I just need something that will keep me from undercharging in the future.One more question for you. I had a consultation last week and based on what the bride chose, I need to charge her a little more. They've signed the contract but have not paid the deposit just yet. Do you think it's too late to inform them that I will need to charge a little more based on the design she has chosen. I basically undercharged her by $250...
Hello fellow bakersDoes anyone use a price quote sheet for wedding cakes? I need to create one to use during my wedding cake consultations. Lately I find myself under pricing the cakes and would like to have a price quote sheet to use the specifies terms and price. I know what I want to include as far as the prices but I need some help on terms and clauses such as:"The quote serves as a guide to the price of your cake. The final price is based on the complexity of the...
Is it o.k. to refrigerate a cake that has fondant accents? I wouldn't want it to affect my fondant bow but the cake needs to be refrigerated because I will put sliced strawberries between the layers.
Is it o.k. to refrigerate a cake that has fondant accents?
Great, thanks everyone! These ideas are very helpful!
Hello everyoneDoes anyone know of any tutuorials or advice they can give on how to make orchids out of buttercream icing?A bride-to-be wants purple orchids and she wants her entire cake to be buttercream. No gumpaste or sugarpaste flowers. Possibly royal icing but definitely buttercream.Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated?
Hello everyoneDoes anyone know of any tutuorials or advice they can give on how to make orchids out of buttercream icing?A bride-to-be wants purple orchids and she wants her entire cake to be buttercream. No gumpaste or sugarpaste flowers. Possibly royal icing but definitely buttercream.Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated?
What about filling it with some sort of filling such as raspberry or even a buttercream icing or chocolate fudge. Just a few thoughts.