Posts by imartsy

I know it is against this website's rules to sell any cake decorating supplies, so I'm not listing anything here nor am I asking for inquiries. However, I am asking if you've sold cake decorating supplies that you never used or are no longer using, where did you sell them? I've tried ebay and I'm having little luck especially on brand new items that haven't been used.   Again - I am not asking for offers or inquiries into what I have to sell - only for websites, forums,...
Thanks for the ideas. Unfortunately, it looks like someone is going to be making sheetcakes, so I may have to come up with something else to make - maybe decorated cookies. But I appreciate the idea - might be able to use some of it another time! Thanks!
So we are singing a song in a competition called "Jesus be a fence" - about asking Jesus to protect us, as a fence protects a home or a yard, etc. Anyway, I'm trying to come up with a simple decorated cake idea. I was thinking I could have people behind a fence around the sides of the cake - but I'm not sure how to do that without it looking bumpy b/c of fondant over fondant or the fence "over" the people. I'm not much of a painter, so I don't think that's going to be a...
Where is this recipe??
Yikes it just looks kinda unstable to me.... and that seems a little expensive for some plastic with air in it.....
My opinion is if she wants to charge it to the business, then I would think she would need a business name or contractor name.....but I'm not an accountant. I think it depends on the business too - I got reimbursed from a company I worked for once for a cake...but I don't know that they actually put it "in the books"....I don't really know if that was illegal, but at the time I didn't think it was.
I'm not a professional, but I think KHalstead is right - I would just mail her the deposit for the wedding cake with a letter saying "Thank you for your business. Based on your numerous complaints on previous orders, however, I feel you will not be satisfied with a wedding cake from my bakery and I wish to return your deposit so that you might seek another baker. I have cancelled your order and will be taking other orders for that date. Thank you again for your business...
MadMillie, do I need to add butter? Or just bring back to room temperature and try to roll it?
do you think it will work even though I refrigerated the dough? How much do you think I should add?
do you think it will work even though I refrigerated the dough? How much do you think I should add?