Posts by sugarlaced

Here are the instructions for my Cowgirl Boots...Cowgirl Boots To make the heel and sole, you will need cardboard and a block of wood measuring 3â€wide x 4†long x 2†tall (I cut and glued two together to make it 2†tall). On the block of wood trace, measure, or freehand the bottom side of the heel on one side of the wood; then freehand the top of the heel onto the top side of the block of wood. Now is the tricky part…if you are a good woodworker, this is probably a...
mold barnyard animals out of gumpaste?? I found one for a pig in the templates here on CC and I think it could be modified for a cow. I need a horses' head, ducks and chickens. Anyone made any lately??? Thanks so much!!!
Your welcome for the instructions! As for the fondant on top of the boot, I just wadded some tissue paper and put in the middle and then wrapped the top of the boot with plastic wrap so the fondant would dry as much as possible.
Cowgirl Boots: Here are the instructions!! Enjoy!!To make the heel and sole, you will need cardboard and a block of wood measuring 3”wide x 4” long x 2” tall (I cut and glued two together to make it 2” tall). On the block of wood trace, measure, or freehand the bottom side of the heel on one side of the wood; then freehand the top of the heel onto the top side of the block of wood. Now is the tricky part…if you are a good woodworker, this is probably a piece of cake(no...
Thanks so much for all the great information!!!
So, I can use any of the chalk stuff found in the scrapbooking area of Hobby Lobby as long as it says "non-toxic"??Also, how would you make the "dots" that are found on a lot of lilies. Most of them are brownish. Would you just paint them on with Americolor gel??Thanks for starting this thread, I am going to start making some fall flowers out of gumpaste for a wedding at the end of the month.
I would say, yes! Especially this time of year. Otherwise, she may have a bulging cake where the mousse deflates.
bump
Thanks AuntieElle, I raise my cakes onto a smaller plaform than the cake. Did you do yours while the cake was cold or room temp?
How in the world do you cover a cake tier with fondant that is larger at the top than at the bottom?? If you look at my topsy-turvy baby shower cake (blue & brown) you will see why I ask. Seems illogical to me...roll out a circle (circles are larger on the outside)edge and try to place on an object where the outside edge of the circle goes on the smallest part of the object!!! Thanks so much