Posts by superdupercakes

The idea of the Cricut Cake was that it was food safe and easier to keep clean.  Is the Explore considered food safe?
Craftsy.com has a class on how to start a cake business.  Check it out......
I made a cake for a couple moving from Florida to Minnesota. I cut out cake in the shape of each state and connected them with a cake made into a roadway between them. I used the horseshoe pan for the road and cut it in half and turned it to look like a curvy road. I then decorated each state featuring the weather such as sunny Florida with a beach scene and Minnesota with cold, snowy weather. On the road, I put a truck that I made with a picture of them in it with...
How do you stabilize the tiers? Do you run a dowel rod through the whole cake and dummies?
Annie and Southern got my vote
How do you coat it? Paint the white chocolate with a brush?
Just wanted to say that I hope you make the signature German chocolate cake icing from scratch as opposed to the ready made. I was amazed at the difference! I used the recipe from The Cake Doctor. Toasting the pecans and coconut really brings out their flavor. Well worth the effort!
Totally jealous and happy for you! It's a place that you get away from all distractions and can concentrate totally on creating beautiful cakes. That's awesome! Good luck with your new adventure in caking!
Hi,I did a yule log cake this past Christmas and made bark out of chocolate for it. You melt chocolate in the microwave and spread it to about 1/8" thick on wax paper or foil that is on a tray. Refrigerate for about 5 minutes, until the chocolate is hard. Remove from the refrigerator. Hold the paper or foil in your hands and gently bang it back and forth on a surface, splintering the chocolate into long slivers. Press the slivers onto the icing to create a barklike...
I have made many cheesecake in regular baking pans by lining them with heavy duty foil that laps over the side of the pan. I try to form the foil to the pan as best as possible without tearing a hole. If you tear a hole in the foil, I would start over with a new piece. When the cheesecake is completely chilled, preferably, at least, overnight, then it should lift right out of the pan. Getting the foil off the bottom is a bit tricky for larger cakes. I have cut the...