Posts by divinecake

thank you ccr03!!
Hi everyone!I'm making a wedding cake this week 14", 10" and 6". The 10" cake will be a dummy, the other two cakes are real.I'll put supports inside the 14"cake and then "glue" with royal icing the 10" dummy cake (already placed on a cake board) to the 14" cake.My question is: Should I just glue the 6" cake to the fake cake? Or, do I have to make holes through the stryrofoam to put supports to hold the 6" cake.Would the dummy cake hold the weight of the 6" real cake?I'd...
Thanks everybody!!!
thanks for your reply!I have an order for next Saturday and it's going to be a crazy week, so I wanted to have them done on Monday. When you add the flavour to the RI, do you decrease the amount of water?thanks again!!!
I was wondering if anybody nows how long NFSC (decorated with royal icing) would last, and still taste fresh, if they are kept in a cellophane bag.Also, has anybody out there aver added flavour (vanilla) to the royal icing. Would it work?? Thank you so much
Thanks for the help guys!!!
Thanks you guys for all the info.I've tried Satin Ice and I liked it a lot, it's just a little expensive for me with shipping.I'll check Bulk Barn again. I've just sent an email to CalJava, let's see what they say.Thanks again!!!!!!! I really appreciate the help!!
Thanks you guys for all the info.I've tried Satin Ice and I liked it a lot, it's just a little expensive for me with shipping.I'll check Bulk Barn again. I've just sent an email to CalJava, let's see what they say.Thanks again!!!!!!! I really appreciate the help!!
I was wondering if any Canadians members would know where I can get Fondx fondant here in Ontario. Thanks!!!
thanks guys for all the great tips!!